Page 39 of 507 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Re: from citalopram to venafaxine good stories please !!!

i am trying to find the number, oh nicola when are we ever going to get there, so pissed off with all of this, you must be too hun xx

yep ive well and truely had enough now xx

Guys come on. Positive thinking.

Pink....my opinion would b to stick with it till u see ur pcysc as they always say an increase can take 6 weeks to be fully effective. If u were Perfectly fine on the 75mg and 37.5mg then u wouldn't of increased ur dose in the first place. But up to u. I'd personally give it more time.

Nicola..... Same advice to u really. Always worse before it gets better but it could cause panic attacks if ur dose was too high but hard to say when u have been on the increased dose such a little time. Can't b nice for u tho.

Lou xx

Quote Originally Posted by Pipkin View Post
    Hi Pink,

At 150mg a day, the norepinephrine effects kick in which may take a bit of getting used to so I'm guessing a couple of weeks isn't long enough.
    Does anyone know what the effect of norepinephrine has? I'm just interested as to what it's supposed to do? xx

The prob is tho lou if your on a too higher dose it can cause adverse reactions which the gp thinks is happening to me, i wasnt havent full blown panic attacks on the 75 and 37.5mg but i am on the 150?? X x

Hi there,

Sorry you're feeling so down Pink and Nicola. I stick to what I said before and would stay where you are at the minute unless it becomes unbearable. I know it's easy for me to say but the research does show that it can take a while for the higher doses to kick in and they really can help.

I've been there when I just feel that it's all hopeless and I get myself into a downward spiral of low mood and anxiety. The more I dwell on it, the worse it gets. Have confidence that the meds will work and try your best to distract yourself in whatever way you can. I guarantee that you will start to feel better.

Kate - I'm no medical expert (far from it) but I believe that increased norepinephrine is supposed to lift the mood and increase motivation. It can increase anxiety though (as can seratonin) which is why the anxiety can rise before it levels out.

Remember all that we're here for each other so keep posting and we'll help if we can.

Love Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Have you been on the higher doses Pipkin? xx

Kate,

No, that's why I said it's easy for me to say! I started in 37.5 and then stabilised at 75, though I was also taking beta blockers at the same time for a while.

I can sympathise with how it feels when the anxiety goes through the roof due to meds. I started on sertraline and I have never felt anything like it - it was the most horrendous experience of my life. That's why I said that if it becomes unbearable, to consider lowering.

Pip x

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Nicola- if the dr says that thn listen to thm I didn't realise u had spoke to them. Xx

Pink- id be inclined to agree with pip. It's always worse before its better hun. Y don't u stick with it another week and decide then? It prob won't b any harder to decrease then than it is at 2 weeks hun.

Lou xx

hi guys feeling a lot better now, so have decided to stick with it i just want to get better, lou you are right i was increased because the mornings were still a bit tough, and he thought the increased dose would help.

i thought it would have kicked in by now, i am not having panic attacks or anything, just don't feel any different on the higher dose, so i will bite the bullet and stick with it.

pip that's just what i need my mood to be lifted, and my motivation to come back, i guess we are all different and will settle eventually on the dose that suits us.

kate hope you are feeling better hun xx

lou you sound good just now...hope you are xx

Page 39 of 507 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread Information