Page 44 of 507 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Re: from citalopram to venafaxine good stories please !!!

Ive actually lost weight on the ven, its really kerbed my apetite x x

Ahmen to tht - how long you been taking them Nicola?

Hi all,

I'm still here - just been busy at work. Having a quick break and should be heading home soon.

Still doing fine. Had a wobble on Monday morning but soon talked myself out of it. Was going to take some beta blockers but held off and it settled down. Why are the morning's always the worst ?

Been a bit under the weather the last couple of days but there seems to be some sort of virus going around which I seem to be staving off. Miserable weather isn't helping as I like to get out and walk/run but the motivation goes when it's cold, wet and windy.

You all seem to be settling down on your doses - I think it's really important to give it plenty of time to work. I'm due for a review at the GP's soon so I'll see what he says. I'm going to ask to stay as I am for a while as it seems to be working. I'm doing an online CBT course which also helps. My concern is that I will be back to square one when I stop the meds so I felt I should be doing something else on top. I certainly don't intend to take meds forever. Also hoping my puppy will give me something to distract me when he arrives - I'm sure I'll be busy cleaning up and hiding things he can chew.

Back to the grind...

Take care

Pip xxx

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Alfredo... I haven't gained any weight on the ven at all. I'm desperately trying to lose weight because I put on 2 stone whilst preg last year. :( and I've got a wedding to go to in August so thought right thts it time to do somethin about it

Pink..... Exercise is good for anxiety/depression as it releases seretonin. (I think) lol.
    I'm gonna ask to b referred I think

Lou x

lou. i need to shift the 2 stone i put on with the cit, see pyc on monday and that's the day i will start a diet and exercise routine....you have shamed me into it lol.
    yea ask for a referral, it will be good to get another opinion, and to make sure your meds and dose is ok.

pip nice to hear from you, yep yorkshire is drab and wet, been stuck in myself today, i bet your counting the weeks till that wee pup arrives. take care xx

Oh it's lovely to hear how everyone's doing! what sort of puppy is it Pip?

Its so weird that this week I feel the best I have since January.

I don't know if its just psychological but the physical feelings seemed to have eased off i.e.tummy flipping over, that sinking horrible feeling of dread etc I'm not as tingly and I don't feel as 'zombie like'.

I know its really early days as its only day 3 of the ven but so far so good.

A bit of restless sleep but apart from that no other side effects at the moment.

Alfredo..., that's the only side effect I had aswell but that went when I swapped to the extended release tabs.

Pink..... Haha shamed u in to it lol.

How is everyone? Nicola?

Lou x

Had a really bad night. Just couldn't sleep properly or keep asleep. It annoys me that I'm not allowed the extended release because of their cost. Grrrr..... Xx

---------- Post added at 12:52 ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 ----------

So..... In the night when I couldn't sleep I actually started wondering what dose I'm actually on?
    If I'm taking 75mg twice a day, and one tablet only lasts half a day, am I not actually only having a dose of 75mg venlafaxine a day?
    Hmmmmm. Worth a thought? Well it seemed so in the middle of the night! Lol xx

i think that's really awful. I have the slow release ones. You should demand.

How long have you been taking them catya? How are you finding them generally? How long did they take to kick in?
    x

Page 44 of 507 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread Information