Page 45 of 507 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Re: from citalopram to venafaxine good stories please !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Catya View Post
    Had a really bad night. Just couldn't sleep properly or keep asleep. It annoys me that I'm not allowed the extended release because of their cost. Grrrr..... Xx

---------- Post added at 12:52 ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 ----------

So..... In the night when I couldn't sleep I actually started wondering what dose I'm actually on?
    If I'm taking 75mg twice a day, and one tablet only lasts half a day, am I not actually only having a dose of 75mg venlafaxine a day?
    Hmmmmm. Worth a thought? Well it seemed so in the middle of the night! Lol xx
    Hi Kate ive actually heard and read mixed reports about the slow release ones so im sticking to the actual venlafaxine and taking it twice a day, i take 75mg at 8am then 37.5mg at 7:30pm, they've got a half life of about 4 hours where as the slow release ones have a half life of about 12 hours xx

Yes, but that's what I mean Nicola. Won't the first dose of 75mg have run out in your body after a few hours so in actual fact your body is only getting the dose of 75 mg not 125mg ( in my case) ? Confused now. Xx love to you

im slightly confused yeah it doesn't run out it means that after 4 hours only half that dose is left in your system but don't forget your topping that dose up twice a day so theres already loads in your system.............now im confusing myself lol xx

Yes but you're topping up what little is left of the 75mg so not really increasing it by much. Oh dear ... Why did I have to think about this? Lol xx

Im lost xx

hi kate, i agree with you totally, i asked my pschiatrist for the extended release and he said no, however on my last appointment, i asked again and he said when my dose settled he would prescribe them, now i am on 150mg, 75 twice a dya, and i agree with you, so on monday i am going to demand them, also with the short half life of the tabs, it would surely be harder to come off....not that i am at the moment.

now pet as you know finally got the extended release tabs and she told me to demand them after about a week on them at the same dose she felt like a different person, and it's not the first time i have heard thet.

you are right it all comes down to cost, and if you are ok on the tabs they will leave you on them, but i heard it is a much smoother ride on the extended release, althou pip thinks there is no difference hmmmm. what to do,

Hi all,

Just a quickie as I'm on a break but I thought I should add my thoughts:

Even the normal release continue to have an effect on the brain way after the half life time so 75mg twice a day is double 75mg once a day, regardless of the type of tablet.

In my opinion, the extended release are better because they release the drug more slowly and you don't get the peak dose as with the normal release so you get fewer sleep problems and less nausea (Pink - this should be your argument with your psychiatrist). Where I don't think there's any difference is with the overall anxiety and depression relieving effects, but that's just my experience.

Happy to explain more later.

Pip x

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

thanks pip for taking the time to explain, i will def be arguing to get the slow release on monday, would be gratefulkl for any info you have.

i'm not keen to google it lol

hope you are ok xx

Quote Originally Posted by alfredo1 View Post
    Its so weird that this week I feel the best I have since January.

I don't know if its just psychological but the physical feelings seemed to have eased off i.e.tummy flipping over, that sinking horrible feeling of dread etc I'm not as tingly and I don't feel as 'zombie like'.

I know its really early days as its only day 3 of the ven but so far so good.

A bit of restless sleep but apart from that no other side effects at the moment.
    Hi Kel, I'm really glad you're getting some respite at last. I'm considering trying Effexor in a couple of weeks. Although I had some improvement on Prozac (now upped my dose to 40mg) I'm still having that horrible worry/tummy feeling/adrenaline rushes. Difficult to decide as people's experience seems to be quite mixed (mind you they do for every drug).

alfredo so glad you are getting some improvement, hope it continues for you xx keeo us posted.

ems, you are so righr hard to know what to do for the best, we are react so different xx

Page 45 of 507 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread Information