Page 48 of 507 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Re: from citalopram to venafaxine good stories please !!!

Hello,

Kate - the capsules are better tested rather than the extended release tablets which are newer. The standard tabs are about £5 for 30, the extended release tabs are about £13. The extended capsules used to be about £30 but there are now some cheaper ones around the £15 mark. There's a spreadsheet on the Internet which has the NHS prices for all prescription drugs - it makes an interesting read.

Pip x

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Where do you find the spreadsheet Pip? Do you think they'll be better for insomnia?
    Can't stand this. Have been wide awake most of the night. Tried taking tab as early as possible and then as late.... But it still catches up with me. X thanks for info

hi guys, just back from my pysciatrist appointment, felt a bit lower this morning, told him i had a great weekend, and he said it's the nature of the illness, but as long as i am getting good days, it is a positive sign.

he said he was happy with me on the 150mg and did'nt feel an increase was advisable, and he prescribed me the xl extended release tabs, not capsules, i hope they will do the job as good as the capsules.

he told me to expect no worsening of side effects on the ex release, in fact they may reduce, also 4 weeks on that dose is still early days, and i can expect further improvements, but it takes time.

i will start the new tabs tomorrow, and he wants to see me again on 23rd june, as he thinks i will need that amount of time to be able to assess how well i am doing.

hope you are all having a good day,

lou how are you hun?
    kate are you on the extended release now ?
    pip hope you are continuing to feel better x

No I'm on the cheep and cheerful tabs. Lol. The capsules you talk about are they ones you take twice a day too? xx

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 ----------

Cheap that is.

hi kate no te slow release one's taken once in the morning, but they are tablets and not capsules, don't know if that makes a difference or not xx

What's the difference between the tabs and caps you talk about? x

not sure kate, just that pip said try to get the capsules, i think it was down to price, but i forgot to ask the pysc for capsules, and when i got them out they were tabs, pip will answer that question when he logs in.

what are we like just want to get there quick, but was told this morning it will take time and he was pleased with the way i am going.

i had a great weekend felt just like me, then woke this morning not so good, told him, and that is what happens apparently, as long as we are getting some good times we are going in the right direction.

how are you on the 150mg ?

Glad you got on ok Pinkdove and pleased you got the slow release which you wanted im quite happy sticking to my twice a day ones at the min altho doc did say i could have the slow release ones when my dose was stable which im hoping it is now, i have no plans to increase especially after what happened to me last time i did im seeing my physchatrist next tues xx

thanks will let you know how i get on with them, and i was the same told i would get them when my dose was stable.

just hope they do the trick, but was told it will take time, so have to be patient lol.

hope you are ok xx

patient??? whats that then lol xx

Page 48 of 507 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread Information