Page 480 of 507 FirstFirst ... 380430470478479480481482490 ... LastLast
Results 4,791 to 4,800 of 5061

Thread: from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Re: from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

SADnomore
    Im back with my doc next week so will speak to her about going on the slow release, It will be easier for me cuz I am rubbish at remembering to take pills. I can cope with the restlessness if its only temporary, Ive just been getting up out of bed and doing something if I feel agitated so I don't disturb my other half, once I feel tired I will go back to bed and read until I fall asleep.
    Iv had increased anxiety a couple of times but nothing I cant handle, Im feeling a little better knowing Im taking something that could potentially change my life.

Annip
    Thank you for your input, I am in the process of doing a confidence and self esteem course which has been really helpful for me. Iv not really had the shakes as such since that first day, I just get a little wobbly, got quite light headed the other day and dropped my phone and smashed the screen so gutted lol xx

You're doing fine, Kelley, for me the lightheadedness/fog took a few weeks to lift but meanwhile it is kind of peaceful, really. I made the most of not having to think, lol! Fingers crossed you can get the slow release/XR; some people wait a bit after breakfast to take it, but I take it out of the bottle and put it where I sit to eat and take it as soon as I'm finished, as I too am rubbish at remembering, otherwise. Good luck with your course, you will make good progress now! ... Too bad about the phone screen, ugh, it can cost as much again to get those replaced, I know. For me though they keep ending up in the washer (or worse!) Arrrghh!

Annip, thanks for your thumbs up! I have bumped into our pinkdove on another thread and encouraged her to come touch base. Quite the bunch of us doing well with ven, very encouraging! I have made note of the beta blocker for future reference in case it may help for increased doses later on, so good to know.
    Marie xxx

SADnomore
    Ive just looked at my prescription for the next lot of tablets and they have given me slow release so happy days lol.

Kelley xx

Hi
    Just to say its as well to always check the strength they've given you
    I'm on 150mg xl in the morning,and usually get them in 75ml tabs and take the two together.The other day I was about to do the same when I noticed I'd been given
    150ml tabs instead.
    I know they're slightly larger,but in the mornings,that mightn't have registered so well with me,and I almost took two of them.
    This time,I've been given the 75ml again,and the pharmacist never mentioned any changed to me.
    Just thought I'd mention it.

Wow, good save, aprilmoon! Thanks for the heads-up! Good luck with the slow release, Kelley! I find I still do need to eat more often throughout the day even though it's been 7 weeks, lest I get the nausea. Helps me though to eat more balanced, and get those fruit or vegetable snacks in!
    Hope everyone has a good day xx
    Marie

hi guys and welcome to all you newbies here

its really nice to see you all supporting each other as i know important it is to know how other people are doing on their journey to recovery

i really hope that effexor helps you all as much as it has helped me

i am back to living a nomal life now and its thanks to the meds and the determination i had to get better i wish i could tell you all its a quick fix but it takes time but any improvement is a good sign just take things one day at a time it is often others that notice we are getting better before we do

keep posting and helping each other and i will pop in from time to time to check your progress

thanks for your kind words marie hope you are doing ok x to you all

Pinkdove you are an inspiration.

Thank you for your words of encouragement.

It is good to hear you are now so well. It is easy to only post when things are tough,but I now realize how important it is to hear success stories xx

Hi, first time poster here. I was diagnosed with GAD and Panic Disorder 18 months ago but didn't try medication until earlier this year. Initially i tried Citalopram for 2 months and it didn't appear to work for me, my anxiety increased and i developed insomnia so my shrink decided to try me on to something else. I have now been on Venlafaxine (Effexor XR) for 3 weeks at 75mg and 2 weeks at 150mg and still have not felt any relief whatsoever. I guess the only positive news is that most of the initial side effects nausea, diarrhoea have passed but overall my mood is the lowest it's been since this nightmare begun 18 months ago, and my anxiety has me virtually housebound.

I guess my question is whether anyone else has felt no improvement whatsoever after 5 weeks, but then stuck with it and seen an improvement? If i had even seen a 5% improvement by now that would be enough for me to keep believing, but the fact that i haven't has left me feeling hopeless.

Finally, even worse than the anxiety is just the complete exhaustion that i feel every day, both my GP and my shrink tell me that's just a symptom of GAD from being stuck in fight/flight and that i should continue to do what i can including exercise, which is apparently good for anxiety. My other question is to people that are feeling better now, did you listen to your body and just rest for weeks on end until the medication kicked in and your energy miraculously returned, or did you push through the fatigue?

Would really appreciate any help and advice...

Jonathan

Hi, Jonathan, and

To be honest, I think I'm rather sensitive to meds, and so I did mostly rest, rest, rest for many weeks. First it was the side effects which for me included muscle tonus (continuous and partial passive contraction of muscles in my legs and arms, and very strong knots-in-the stomach/abdomen). Quite debilitating, and it didn't pass until just about 5 weeks. Then it was like a lazy feeling, which we are now addressing. For me, as for you it sounds like, motivation is low. So low that you may not notice any improvement in your thinking, etc., unless you take stock of whether or not you are able to steer clear of depressive or anxious thoughts? On the other hand, you mention that your anxiety is keeping you housebound, atm. Pinkdove really struggled with big-time anxiety early on too. I haven't counted the number of weeks it went on, but as you read, it has really paid off for her to wait for the ven to take hold. It is not the fastest of meds, unfortunately, and its effects are a bit subtle at first. Five weeks is still early days. Honestly I was told to give it 12 weeks to be fully sure it wasn't the one for me. It was only in the last 2 weeks (I just passed the 12 week mark) that my carb cravings left and my memory has improved and my thinking gets quickly steered away from the negative. My main problem is depression.

For you, with anxiety and panic, your needs are different, but the brain chemicals required for both are targeted by this same drug, venlaxafine. Just now, you are (having just started at 150 mg) at sort of a junction point, where the drug's effects are temporarily (I stress, temporarily) causing increased anxiety and a down mood. It's only been two weeks. Try to give this balance point a chance to take hold and reverse these symptoms. Do exercise as best you can, I go for a walk, sometimes it's a stroll if my energy level isn't great, quicker and further if it's better that day. Talk to your doctor about the use of a beta blocker against some of the anxiety symptoms for awhile. I do push through fatigue to at least get my shoes on and get around the block. If the weather is bad, I will go for groceries and go up and down all the aisles in the store, no rush. It's something, and it's registering on my brain as being what is expected of it.

So glad you found the forum, you are in good company here! After plowing through the side effects of two meds now, I do hope you find relief with Effexor XR, and urge you to give it a little longer to be sure it's not helping. But don't worry, if needs be, there are a lot of other meds for you and your doctor to try.

Let us know how it goes! Lots of knowledge and support here!
    Marie

Hello,

I'm hoping that some of the ven buddies will be able to help me.

I've been on Venlafaxine for 6 months, 37.5 for 1 week, 75mg for a month, 112.5 for a few months and lastly, 150mg for 2 months. The last increase seemed to work and I felt like the old me and content most of the time, the odd bit of anxiety but nothing I couldn't handle. Last week I went for a med review and asked for modified release tablets as I was finding taking 75mg twice a day, plus The Mirtazapine I take at night inconvenient.

Now here's the problem, I was surprised to be dispensed Effexor XR 150mg, I expected to be given a generic version, however since changing to the XR my anxiety is sky high. Since starting and increasing the ven I had no side effects, apart from occasional indigestion, no increase in anxiety, sometimes I even questioned if the drug was doing anything because after initially feeling great the positive effects were very subtle. So my question - has the XR affected anyone else negatively? I'm considering going back on the standard tablets as I haven't felt this level of anxiety for a long time. If so, how long till the XR settled down. I'm taking Clonazepam regularly to get me through this blip but am scared that I will go back to how I was before Christmas. Any responses would be gratefully received.
    Sam x

Page 480 of 507 FirstFirst ... 380430470478479480481482490 ... LastLast

Thread Information