Page 490 of 507 FirstFirst ... 390440480488489490491492500 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,900 of 5061

Thread: from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Re: from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Hi
    Thanks Tracey.
    Nicola, babe, glad you chose to take the diazepam. You shouldn't have to go through that without help. Is there anything you can do to take your mind off it..even for a little while. That shaking is awful. The doc gave me propanolol for that and it did help ...I don't shake too badly now and I can relax my body when it happens. (mostly). You will manage tomorrow, you will walk, you will manage hon, keep telling yourself that. Don't let the negative thoughts about tommorrow creep in. Remember you've done it before you can again and when you do, try to be pleased that you made it...even if you cry..it won't matter. You will get better hun.
    You are strong
    lots of love Anni xxxx

Thanks tracy, how are you feeling? Still better i hope? XX Annie, what strength ven are you on? I'm only on 150mg now since she lowered it when I was pregnant. I've had propranolol in the past but it gives me really vivid dreams and bad night sweats altho im having the vivid dreams now anyway! Spoke to my pharmacist yesterday when I picked my script up well cried at her actually but she was shocked I've been left in the state I am especially after my miscarriage, she's told me I mustn't struggle as I am and to go back to my Gp, she thinks I was lowered on my ven too quickly and too much at once so going to give it until wed and then go back. I've got impetigo up my nose and a big patch below my lip which I always get when I'm run down. I forced myself to go out for tea last night with hubby, jack, mum etc and altho it was a struggle I wasn't too bad once I was out and actually managed to eat something, I've been living on a slice of toast a day the past week! Anyway how are you hun? XX

Hi Nicola
    I'm better since went straight back up and can't believe how the withdrawel made me feel infact took me almost back to how I felt with original illness.
    I really think you should see about the increase even though you are obviously grieving it will help with the panic etc...
    See the gp ASAP Hun don't keep suffering even more than needs be.
    Message me anytime on fb I'm here and I'm taking each day at a time like you said xxx

Thanks tracy, so pleased your feeling better, my sister really struggled too when she tried to lower her sertraline and had to go back up. I'm going to give it a few more days and see how I am, I've researched it loads and it def sounds like ven withdrawal but would like to see it thro if I can but don't know if I can cope much longer XX

I know it's so difficult I got myself into that thought cycle of what ifs as in is a relapse, worked myself up so much that I thought this is silly as I was in a positive place before reduction. I only dropped 50mg over three months so don't know how to do it any slower but not going to try for the foreseeable future.
    Im almost positive yours is also withdrawel on top of the grief so meant to get better but I had enough of the panicky feeling again and also being miserable xx

Hi Nicola, I'm on 225mg slow release ven. I don't take it all at once. I take 150 in the morning at 8 and 75 in the evening at 8. I'm sure thats what helps me sleep. Well done for getting out for tea. You did really well. Hope today was ok. I managed to get out early this morning...8.45 ! and although it wasn't how I wanted to feel I managed it. Then I had to see a new doctor this afternoon and I got through it.
    I agree with Tracy...some people find it difficult to reduce and it gives them bad side effects. Remember though you are going through a difficult time, and as I've been told ...give yourself time to grieve.
    Take care xxxxx
    Glad youre feeling better Tracey xx

Hi Annie, im on the slow release ones, it's actually effexor brand which I take. How did your appointment go? Was your new Gp nice and supportive? I'm not as bad today but panicking about hubby going to work tonight and being on my own but I'm sure I'll be fine, sometimes it's just the thought of things isn't it? Well done for getting out, sometimes it's such an effort just to get ready! XX

Good evening guys,

First time I have ever joined any forum like this and as my username suggests....I'm at my wits end! Suffered from acute anxiety for a number of years now and have been on Citalopram for many years now. After a particularly bad spell in October I was increased from 20mg to 40mg and my condition seemed to get worse. I have now sunk so low that I have taken time off work and really feel hopeless and in despair. My doctor is now changing my meds to venlafaxine and I am really fearful of the initial few weeks as I don't need this depression to intensify any more than it has.

Just looking for some feedback on people's initial few weeks. Hope all of you are well.

Stephen x

Hi Stephen, so sorry your going through a rough time, what dose of ven are you starting on? I started off on 37.5mg once a day and the initial side effects I got were nausea, always take it with food this helps! I also got dilated pupils which totally freaked me out but is a common side effect! I also got a few headaches, i can't say if it increased my anxiety or not as I was in a very bad place when I started it anyway. It is a very good AD and has worked well for me up till now but that's my circumstances not the ven not working! I'd def recommend you give it a try. Good luck and post anytime there's always one of us around! XX

Hi Nichola
    She seemed nice. We didn't really talk about the anxiety or meds except to say to leave them as they are. Yes it is the thought of things and as you say it is our circumstances at the moment. My emotions are all over the place. Hope last night was ok.
    Hi Stephen
    welcome to this site. I can not stress enough how much venlefaxine helped me when I was at my wits end. I could hardly get out of bed, would just cry all day and have such depressing thoughts. I was on citlopram at the time. The mental health team, through my doc advised ven ( small dose to start with) and after a few weeks I felt much better. I was given diazepam to help me through and sleeping tablets. I have also been helped with cbt and counselling cos it depends what is causing your depression and anxiety. Good luck
    Annip xx

Page 490 of 507 FirstFirst ... 390440480488489490491492500 ... LastLast

Thread Information