Page 496 of 507 FirstFirst ... 396446486494495496497498506 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,960 of 5061

Thread: from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Re: from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Thanks guys, my problem is, i am worried if i stick it out, i will have a relapse, even if its weeks down the line, and i'm not prepared to risk it.

I have had a crap day, feeling so tired, and sick with hot flushes, and have been on the sofa all day, i am going to put it back up tomorrow to 75mg, where i felt really well, i agree with you nicola, just can't risk it, and 75mg, might be the dose i am meant to stay on, because it makes me feel so well, thanks marie, i do feel a bit of a failure, but as nicola say's i have got from 150mg to 75mg with no problems, maybe this was just a step too far.

pip, thanks i would ride it out, i could cope, but i can't stop thinking i am going back the way, i am not splitting the tab, i am just taking the dose in the morning, i suppose that's because i always have taken it like that.

Anyway, i tried, dont let it put any of you off reducing, when your time comes, it is only this reduction i have had problems with, and as pip say's i could ride it out, but i know i'll always need a theraputic dose, and for me i think that is 75mg.

Hope you are all doing ok

I think you've made the right decision hun and your far from a failure, your keeping yourself well for yourself and your family, nobody wants to suffer what we've been thro so get that 75mg down you tomorrow and hopefully in a few days you'll be feeling better XX

thanks nicola

My experience is that you can come off ven but you would need a tremendous amount of support along the way. I have weaned my daughter from 225mg to zero and we are now 6 weeks ven-free BUT I have been a round-the-clock psychiatrist/ologist to her and very few people have that degree of support and the process is emotionally overwhelming. I am now paying the price, health-wise.

As Marie so wisely says, this is a drug to be on long term if it works. For my daughter it didn't so I had to go for total withdrawal. I would still advise everyone to take the lowest possible dose which gives a tolerable quality of life though.

Congratulations, Pulisa, I know we all feel the same way about your success with and for your daughter! You are an incredibly loving and strong mother to her, the best she could ask for. A good friend to all of us too, even though your daughter is no longer on ven, you are very kind to share with us like you do, good advice again. I sure hope you find what works best for you during this time. You both need for you to feel better, there's too much at stake not to, honey.

Pinkdove, fingers crossed that the 75 mg has you feeling better again in a wink! Hang in there, all! xxx

Hi all once again
    Pink sorry to hear you struggling with decrease now, have to say I tried to decrease my sertraline end of last year went slowly 150 to 125 then 100 like you after a couple months all the over thinking, tears, feeling scared kicked in.
    I increased straight up to 150 after much consideration and was fine literally within a couple of days. I have been fine last 4 months so now believe it was withdrawel as after research if due to withdrawel once the original dose reinstated all symptd will go whereas a relapse won't go instantly this has no given me courage to try again at some point but I'm in no rush.
    Hope everyone else is well and happy Easter xx

Thanks for all your support, i am feeling much better since i increased back to 75mg, still not 100% but getting there, i cant believe the dramatic change, just decreasing (for me anyway) spoke to my gp on thursday, and she agreed i did the right thing to increase back, and said that getting my anxiety back on track was more important than the weight issues i have, she gave me a number to ring, for help with my weight, and exercise, but also pointed out that giving up smoking also contributes to weight gain, so i suppose i cant blame it all on the meds,

How is everyone else doing ??

Hi Pink,

Good to hear you're feeling better - you'll soon be back to where you were before. Spend some time relaxing with the family and little Rosie and see that they're the most important parts of your life. A few extra pounds can be sorted but having people around you is the most important thing of all. And having still given up smoking after so many years is a real achievement - you should be proud!

I'm doing fine and also still cig free for more than 2 years. I'm also still here whenever you need me

Take care

Pip xxx

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Pink, im so pleased your feeling better and decided to increase back up, give it another week and I'm use you'll be back to normal, the weight gain is an issue for me too, I've joined slimming world with some friends and so far lost 4.5lb im getting weighed again Monday but I've gone down a Jean size already so I'm feeling happier, i need to loose another stone and then I will be happy, unfortunately I'm still chuffing away on the fags with everything that's happened the past 6 months I just don't feel in a good emotional place to quit yet
    Tracy it's lovely to hear from you, I love how we still all come together on this thread we've certainly all got a good strong bond with each other XX

Well said, Nic! <3 XX

Page 496 of 507 FirstFirst ... 396446486494495496497498506 ... LastLast

Thread Information