Thread: My throat feels like it is swelling up and im going to choke to death!

My throat feels like it is swelling up and im going to choke to death!

This has been the worst week of my life! i keep thinking im going to die my throat feels like it's closing up so i cant breath! my tonsils feel like they are swollen really badly they are kinda but not to bad my throat also feels really sore and im so scared im 15 and cant think of myself in the future i darent go to sleep im exhausted! when i got up this morning i felt alright no sore throat i could breath fine then i constantly thought about it and oo guess what came back! when i went out shopping today it felt like someone was strangling me and squeezing my adams apple it was vile please help me am i going to die?!?!

---------- Post added at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 20:19 ----------

oh and another thing i can eat fine but im scared to swallow now :/

Re: My throat feels like it is swelling up and im going to choke to death!

No you won't die, you sound like you have a cold. Have a menthol sweet to wdein your airways, I like fisherman's friends, they got a bit of a kick though.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Re: My throat feels like it is swelling up and im going to choke to death!

If it disappears and then comes back when you think about it, try looking up posts on this site on Globus Hystericus. It is a anxiety symptom that causes your throat muscles to tense up, making it feel as if someone is squeezing your throat. If it happens to be this, you are likely to find that the tightness in your throat disappears whenever you eat or drink. Get it checked by your doctor in case its tonsilitis or something, but if they say theres nothing there to cause it, ask if it could be Globus. Globus is the same sensation you get when you watch a sad movie and you get that feeling of a lump in your throat from emotion. x

Thread Information