Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: flutters.

flutters.

i suffer constant flutters in my heart.. does any one else get this?..i get them most days.. its down to anxiety...i undersatand this..but..i have a constant fear that im gonna have a heart attack..to the point where im scared to be alone in my flat with my baby...all negative thoughts run around my head..i worry ill have a heart attack and my baby will be left on his own all day til his dad gets home..if i feel really bad..i leave my front door open so that if anything happens to me, a neighbour will hear my baby and help him.. i feel like im mad sometimes.. i find it hard to believe that the flutters are not dangerous..i have them everyday lately.

Re: flutters.

yes , speak to your GP and perhaps he will prescribe some beta blockers that will help the physical sensation, if that is all the physical symptoms you encounter when having an anxiety attack it may help and nip it at the bud before the panic sets in

they are very scary i used to have them daily ,and betalockers have helped me no end, as above said maybe talk to your dr about this and he can prescribe you something to help xx

I used to get these occasionally - always made me feel like I needed to cough. I'd try to remind myself that they were just a physical symptom of anxiety and nothing dangerous. If you're really worried (which it sounds like you are) it never hurts to talk to your doctor. Just remember you're not crazy!

i have been having these since in my early twentys im now 48 ,,yes im still scared ,,they still stop me in my tracks at time,,think id learn by now wouldnt you,,but it does goe to show if ive survived 26 years of them without too much harm im sure you will,,

thankyou all for your comments.. i have been given beta blockers before...but...i also suffer fear of medication...i read the leaflet of possible side effects then dont take them.

dont read the leaflet and dont google ! , I always throw the leaflet in the bin , you read they will happen , the atenolol I was given had zero side effects and I am very sensitive to medication. Speak to your GP Im sure they will put your mind at ease.

i know your right..i should throw leaflet in the bin really...and as for google? omg! its a nightmare..i read alsorts of crap on there then get even worse.. thankyou.

Even try some counseling if you can and if you have been tested etc and they are just anxiety then try not to worry so much... I think the post by teez says it all!!!

I could have wrote your post too! I started getting flutters after my baby- now 4-was born and I was so scared to be home by myself, and honestly I still am. I did all the tests, etc. to make sure that everything was medically ok and it was. AND I too am scared to take meds, even vitamins because of a horrible reaction I had years ago....the more you think about it, the worse they are, but how can you not think about it right? If you want to chat, just PM me, I will help you anyway I can, or at least try to make you feel better

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information