Hi I,m new and thought i.d post a little about me

Anyone relate to this ? I cant seem to face interactions with people of any kind , used to be fun and life and soul but over the last 15 - 20 years things have gone downhill , now just thinking of talking to people gives me unbearable anxiety which my doctor says has caused depression . I cant do meetings i cant go for a beer i cant even go shopping i constantly make excuses for not doing stuff and as a result have lost everyone .
Some how i run a ok business which depends on people who work for me but if it wasnt for them i,d be in big trouble . Family think im miserable and unfriendly but in reality i want to be close to them but just cant .
Ive tried cbt and hypnotherapy but they were no help , ive recently started a course of Citalopram which at the moment is making me feel worse but i know the side effects will pass and hope they along with a lifestyle change will help , i feel like its last chance saloon ! .
I really feel like i gotta dive in and talk to people even though my brain says no , inside i still feel theres a happy man trying to get out

Does that make any sense or shall i pack my bags for the funny farm ?