Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: About me

Re: About me

jurys still out with me Sam , my anxiety seems worse sometimes and the side effects are not nice but i,m gonna persevere with them , what else can i do , i gotta get better x

keep a positive head Blade, you can beat it, I have every faith in you x

Had a call from the mental health team after my appointment last week , they want to increase my citalopram dose already !!! not keen , surely that will increase the side effects , jeeze i only want to be able mix with people , am i really that mad ?

Hi Blade,

Sorry you're not feeling any better. It's quite common to have your dose increased so don't take it personally! The guidance says to wait at least a week between incremental dose increases, if the current dose is ineffective but being tolerated. If you're still having significant side effects, it's usually best to wait a bit longer. I'm sure you explained how you feel so they will be advising what they think is best.

You certainly stand the best chance of improving if your first medication works so it's worth sticking it out. They really can take a long time to kick in. I'm 2 months on and still improving.

Ant - how are things with you. I'm hoping no news is good news!

Take care

Pip

blade, hope it's ok to join in, when i increased my dose of citalopram, the side effects were never as bad as the start up effects....don't worry about increasing, you need to find the right dose, to get the best effect from it.. wishing you luck xx

Hi Pink - fancy meeting you here!

Pip x

Thanks pip and pinkdove , need all the reassurance i can get .

And Pinkdove you are more than welcome , the more the merrier , you will be invited to the "were all better pint in the pub" when it happens

Hey All!

Wednesday, good day. Thursday, Average day. Today, not so good, but easier tonight! I'm owed another good one by now surely!!! Blade, stick with mate, ultimately if you did need to change to a different med, you will likely be alot more tolerant of it now, so it is worth carrying on. Took the trumpet out again yesterday, I am so not used to it, my wrists are aching ( either that or some other unspeakable condition). Actually, reading that back I should clarify to any new readers that I am referring to riding bikes! Don't want to give the wrong impression. Pip, did you manage to get through the wobble ok? Like you say, you are having more ups, which is great. However, you do need to be greedy! Don't deny yourself something that should just be the status quo! That's the way I look at it. Glass half full and other Hackneyed cliches! If only I could apply it to myself, doh.....

Ant

Hi chaps,

After a couple of mid-week wobbles, I felt better yesterday and much better today. I've decided it was all work related as things got better at work throughout the week too. That would be unusual for me as work is a kind of therapy, keeping me busy and stopping me thinking too much.

The worst thing this week was a couple of business lunches at work. I hate eating with other people in that sort of setting and find it really stressful. Made it through ok though and haven't got another for a while. Next week is incredibly busy so that should keep me out of mischief...

Ant - getting your trumpet out in public and ending up with aching wrists... There appears to be more to this biking scene than I imagined. I think I'll stick to my car.

Going to put my feet up tonight and have a couple of glasses of wine. I think I've earned it.

Keep at it and keep in touch

Take care

Pip

Ant , its a good job you clarified that mate , us bikers got a bad enough name already running around in leather clad groups of men , looked at a new blade this week , red white and blue abs , very nice , gonna get me a test on a trumpet 1st .

Pip Eating with people is one of my worst anxietys , i get really uncomfortable , ive been known to sit through a meal , starving , having told people ive already eaten , thats another goal for me , go to a restraunt and be comfortable , the gutting part of it is i love good restraunts

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information