Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: just back from breast clinic

just back from breast clinic

hi ive been to the breast clinic today because of a lump in my breast i had mammogram normal then went for ultrasound that was normal the man who did the ultrasound said he could see nothing of concern and the lump was normal breast tissue and ive got more of them so when i went back to see the consultant she said everything looked normal but because she can feel the lump she would like to do the biopsy or because i have got health anxiety i could just go back in 3 months to assess the lump again anyway i had it done there and then and she took cells with the needle from the area and said i will get a letter through the post to let me know what the results what is that all about normal mammgram normal ultrasound but still got this wait and worry she did say the chances are everythings normal have you ever heard of this before x

Re: just back from breast clinic

Hiya

She was no doubt thinking of you in the long term and peace of mind for you. These people deal with this all the time, so I would take what she has told you as a positive.

Yes it's going to be a worry until you get the result, but take comfort in knowing that both the tests you have had, shows nothing untowards

Trish x

I had a lump in my breast, too, and the doctor could tell just by touching it that it was nothing. But she must have seen my worried face, because she looked at me and said: well but since you came all the way here, I send you for a mammogram -
    so they did a mammogram and an ultrasound right away - and then they wanted more pictures!!!! I was almost dead right there from the shock!!!

But everything was normal...they are just scrupolous and that is good!

is it normal for normal breast tissue to form lumps like this that grow and shrink through my menstual cycle x

Yes! That happens to a lot of people. That's why I have heard to never check your breasts during your period

Yes that the reason they say check your breasts a week after your period as this is when your breast tissue is at its least active, also hormonal lumps come up and go down and move around as people with these type of breasts often have alot of hormonal lumps.

You will worry until you have got the pathology results anyone would but the chances of it being cancer must be so so tiny if you had a clear mammo and ultrasound. I think she was doing it for your peace of mind.

this lump shrinks alot between periods and she has felt it at its biggest because im on a period at the moment i didnt think they would bother doing test on a lump thats changes with cycles or is this just guidlines the man who did the ultrasound found nothing but normal breast tissue and he also went to his consultant and had a word with him to make sure and the consultant agreed it was all normal ive just asked the gp to call me back which she has and she said they have done the biopsy just becaue they have to be so careful and not to worry as she says it all sounds good x

They are just covering themselves and for your benefit as well. I remember the breast surgeon saying to me that the only thing an ultrasound does not pick up is ductal cell carcinoma, that is a pre cancer that is picked up by mammo so that is why they do the two tests so they cover all possibilities.

Let us know the results but I feel very sure they will be totaly fine

thankyou countrygirl thats reasuring x

i told the consultant that the lump shrinks and swells with my monthly cycle and that today when she felt it it was at its biggest because im on a period but she still either come back in 3 months and if its still there they will assess it again or i could have a biopsy there and then if she was prepared to leave me 3 months then why does she want to a biopsy at all or is she just covering her own back x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information