Thread: rapid pupil dilating and constricting

rapid pupil dilating and constricting

hey people, this is my first post so please forgive if this is in the wrong forum or something >.<
    I have panic attacks related to emetophobia (fear of vomit) and during my last attack I noticed that my pupils were dilating and constricting rapidly. They went from very small to huge then back again, continuing at the same pace even after the majority of the attack had passed and I was left with just the usual nausea and shakyness. Eventually the alternating slowed then stopped. The whole episode of it lasted at least 45 minutes, though I only noticed that it was happening halfway through the attack so I'm not sure if it started right away or part way through.
    I've been trying to find out if this is normal for a panic attack, but have only found information about pupil dilation instead of the alternating that I've experienced. Please reply if you've had the same thing happen, or if you have any information. Thanks for your time and such!

When you were checking your pupils did you turn the light off or on?

I find that I'm always checking that my pupils are dilating as they should when I'm feeling panicky and I've noticed that every single time they do the same as yours...dilate and then constrict. It's been happening for about eight years now and physically I am very healthy. It's not a problem, although it can cause me to feel a bit dizzy.

Hang in there

"This too, shall pass"

Hey,

I know that when I'm anxious my pupils are huge - the nurse I used to see said that it was part of the fight or flight response that occurs with adrenaline release. It happens so that you can see all around you and so your field of vision is wider. If this happens when your anxious then what you are experiencing is probably linked to this. Clare. xxx

*I think, therefore I am.*

Thread Information