Thread: Sertraline 100mg

Sertraline 100mg

Hi - won't bore you with all the details but came off prozac 20mg on Sat making me much worse (2nd time around) worked brilliantly before. Went to see GP this am and prescribed the above - basically had bereavement in Oct and stoppped working - went on Mirtazapine - no good whatsoever and went back again on Prozac!! Told him my depression and irrational thoughts were getting worse - just wondered - PLEASE positive stories have these helped anyone and what time of day is best to take them. Thanks alot - Anxious Laura x

---------- Post added at 18:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:26 ----------

ps -mentioned that 100mg seemed high and he said no point to start on 50mg? waste of time

Re: Sertraline 100mg

I probably agree with the docs putting you straight on 100mg - seeing as you've been on the other meds. 50mg is very low and you may have not felt the effects at all

I've heard lots of success stories re sertraline. This is week 3 for me, I was on 50mg for 2 weeks but still felt extremely low. On day 3 today of 100mg, to be honest, today, I feel the brightest i have for weeks. I'm keeping everything crossed that these work for me. I was in citalopram for 4 years - they stopped working last year and stayed on them way longer than i should have done and have been very depressed for over 3 months now.

Good luck with the sert. Everyone is different. I hope they kick in soon for you. Keep us posted
    K x

Hi Alfredo - thanks for that - will do - know you have had a rough time and so pleased you've had a better day - bit of a rocky road isn't - we'll all get there in the end. Keep in touch Laura x

laura - wouldn't worry about 100mg. I'm less than 8 stone and had been on 50mg for 6 weeks and it had done 'half the job', so bumped up to 100mg today. Phew feeling great again. So anyway she said she had hoped that i would not need any more than 50mg coz I'm so small, but that there are 3 dosage levels above 100mg so it'a still a relatively low dose. I guess it just depends on how much of a deficit of the happy / calm chemicals we have in our brains....

PS never been on any other anti depressants before either (well apart from amytriptiline 10mg supposedly for 'sleep' - ha ha - it made me mental as all hell)

xxx

Thanks Yogi - very encouraging - much appreciated - so pleased you are feeling better - keep in touch - Laura x

Laura, how are you getting on with the Sert? Many side effects?

Yogi, I'm interested to hear if 100mg keeps you feeling better as I may need to increase.

Alfredo, how are you feeling, still much better? Still not feeling too bad about your ex?

I definitely think I'm feeling better (I've been here before about a week ago so don't want to get too excited yet). First time in months I woken up without anxiety. That's got to be good! Feeling quite calm and pleasant. Going to Sainsbury's later, that will test me, for some reason I always feel crap walking round there.

Hi Ems - well it was the first 100mg last night - tbh - don't feel too bad but very anxious - that is why I thought I would split in half (to suit me!) for the first week - there has been no crying this morning - which is a first but early days. Hope you are ok and get on ok at Sainsburys - felt so bad of late been doing Tesco online shopping! Speak to you soon - luv Laura

ems, well been feeling rather hyper coz of the increase (day 2 of 100mg) but that happened before when i started them (am prone to hypomanic stuff anyway) then i came out the 'sert honeymoon',. so i think what will happen is i'll be bouncy for a few days then be normal and happy hopefully stable and all that other stuff again for the forseeable future.... wooo hoooo......

i'll let you know how i go.... xxxxx

---------- Post added at 12:52 ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 ----------

oh yeah, sorry didn't see one of your questions....., take it first thing in the morning.... according to my doc.... she was adament about that...

Thread Information