Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: slow heart rate? scared!!

slow heart rate? scared!!

hi all,
    I'm feeling weird and I don't like it :(
    when walking around I feel like I'm walking like I'm swaying about like I've had a drink, but I am mostly worried about my heart rate!!! it's normally 80-100 and just over 100 if I'm anxious but the last two days it's been 60-65 and I'm scared that it's going to stop. :-(
    I've just came upstairs and it's still at 60 and it should b faster if I've done any exertion shouldn't it? it normally does when I climb stairs.

why???

Re: slow heart rate? scared!!

If this is not normal for you and you are worried you should see your doctor.

We do not know your medical history etc so it would not be wise for us to advise on this to be honest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

too scared to sleep now :(

Hey LJ, sorry to hear you are feeling rough

Just wanted to say that yes you should seek medical advice if you are worried but also wanted to say when I am suffering HA and focussed on aspects of my bodily being I can get low pulse rate readings just as easily as high ones - all just part of my body's response to anxiety.

Take care and get some medical advice if you are worried.

Macc N
    xx

I would like some medical advice right now!

How can we give you that though LJ?

I would go to bed and see how you are tomorrow to be honest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I know thee are no doctors on here, it's jut I'm panicking about it afraid it will just slow down to nothing

I doubt it very very much to be honest.

Are you sure it has never been this low before?

Also you said the "last 2 days" so if anything was going to happen it would have by now.

The Normal Range - Actually, when we talk about a healthy heart rate for a human, we're talking about a range, extending from 60 to 100 beats per minute. Most of us are going to fall well within this range. When we are at rest, out heart rate is apt to be in the range from 60 to 80, and when we are active, the rate will very likely be between 80 and 100. If you fall outside of this range in either direction, it doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong. A long distance runner or biker may have a resting rate of 50, or even lower. Their heart has become so strong that it can pump the needed amount of blood at a much lower rate. And, when you exercise vigorously, your own heart rate may well sneak up above 100 beats per minute. That also, is perfectly normal. But a constant heart rate outside of the 60-100 range could be an indicator that a problem exists. In general, if you are physically very fit, and have a healthy heart, you could expect your heart rate to fall as low as 50 when resting, and rise to well over 100 during hard exercise, with no damage or ill effects. There are several definitions of heart rate you should know about beyond the terms normal heart rate or healthy heart rate. We'll cover what is meant by a resting heart rate, a target heart rate, the maximum heart rate, recovery heart rate, and then get in to what constitutes a dangerous heart rate.

Im still having anxiety about this, my pulse is still sitting around the 60 mark and yesterday it was 54 at one point. The doc said 60 was ok, but of course im not 100% happy with that as its always been around 70/80 for as long as i can remember.
    I wouldnt say i was healthy either, i know athletes can have their pulse as low at 50, but im no athlete!!! Im very overweight, but my cholesterol is ok and im not diabetic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information