Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pupil 2 different sized

Re: Pupil 2 different sized

I know this may sound ridiculous, but when you look in the mirror that you check your eyes in....is one side of your face in brighter light than the other ? Even a bit of shadow/less light over your face on one side can make a lot of difference to the pupil on one side.

Quote Originally Posted by sherylee xx View Post
    i dont mean to scare you hun but you must get that checked out as it can sometimes point to somethin neurolodgical im really sorry i dont want to frighten you but had to mention it xx
    Yes one of the bulbs is out so it's not even lighting.

And yeah idk I'm
    Scared and worried :(

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

It may just be the lighting in my bathroom

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 13:17 ----------

I looked at it again and it still looks a little
    Bigger on the right side when it's darker.

Im
    Freakkkg out :(

Mine do that as well, my right eye pupil seems slightly bigger then my left eye pupil, i mentioned it to my GP he looked in my eyes and said its properly the way the light is in my bathroom and that when i concentrate on one eye then try to look at the other one it may seem slightly bigger! i honestly dont think its nothing to worry about, but every time i go to the bath room i always check i dont know why i just do lol!
    HA makes us do crazy things! try not to worry to much about it.

I think there's something in this - my pupils are definitely more dilated on venlafaxine and it could be the light that makes one slightly bigger than the other.

Good thinking

Pip x

My hypochondria is on FULL blast today. Ive been up since 5 am reading on the Internet .
    Scarying myself.

If I had health insurance I would of went to the doctor a long time ago.

It's just scary to think about you know? Sometimes both of my pupils are small sometimes one is bigger then the other. Sometimes they are both the same.

I def think its from the Dexedrine medication . But will they ever be normal again?

Like I just look at my eyes in the car mirror and they both were small so I don't understand what's going on. ;/
    Last edited by Worriedgirl87; 03-03-12 at 23:04.

W - step away from the search engine! Googling is absolutely guaranteed to make you feel a thousand times worse as it will only show you your worst fears.

Try to stay calm and realise that others have said they have the same symptoms. If medication is causing this, they will go back to normal when you stop - mine did last time.

Take care

Pip

You can always go to a health clinic - you should have one in town. I notice you're from the US like me - we don't have anything like the NHS at the moment - closest is Medicaid for people with low income. Check out the nearest health clinic or call the doctor that gave you the original medicine and ask them about it.

Dr. Google really does freak out the hypochondriac in all of us.

I have one eye where the pupil is always much larger than the other one during daylight, then at night they switch over and it's smaller. The only time they are the same size is when I focus on something close to me and the rest of the time they are different and noticeably so. I was diagnosed with something called Holmes Aides Pupil and it's apparently quite harmless and no one seems to know what causes it, although it seems it can be connected to stress or a virus and only seems to affect women.

Have to say I went through a long period of time when my GP kept telling me that I was 'making' my pupil change size, which was ridiculous as other people had commented on it too. Eventually I paid to go and see a neurologist to get a diagnosis, which was about 20yrs ago and it's never gone away nor has it got any worse.

I'm not saying that you have that, but it might be worth asking your GP to check for it as it would put your mind at rest.

OK, face the window, square on to it, with the light absolutely equal on your face - what do they look like then ?

I went out side in the sun, and both of my pupils were small And the same size. Then when i go In a room in my house one is bigger then the other . But when it's bright they are both small .

Ugh I am so scared you guys !!!!! I'm so scared!!! How come when I go in the bathroom my right pupil is bigger then my left one??? This is startin to make me
    Sick to my stomach worrying about it and thinking about it. I feel like there is something wrong with me and I'm starting to lose sleep over this. I'm so freskin scared ;((((((((((((

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information