Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Changed from Cit to Sertraline

Re: Changed from Cit to Sertraline

Yes Jo still get days when not so good-Today for instance! The last two days were really good but awoke this morning feeling a bit down for some reason. Anyway im not going to dwell on it --hopefully! I think mornings are always the worst time. Ive just has breakfast and taken my tablets (I take BP tabs as well as Sertraline) Ill go out later and hope the fresh air will cheer me up. Hope you feel better today.

I think we probably over analyse why we feel like we do etc and forget that even when well we can have good and bad days! KEEP SMILING x

JMSMRS Glad you are feeling better too.

Hope everyone has a good day

Morning guys,

Sorry I was quiet yesterday and a bit selfish. Feeling better today though.

It is really good to see you guys seeing an improvement, I was so patient before, but it is such a struggle it just cant come soon enough!!

Mo B - I am so pleased for you that even your hubby can see that there is a massive change in you, it must be so nice to have him there for you, and to be able to see things you may not be able to see.

Jo - wow to you seeing a small improvement in 5 weeks, that really is good news, and that means it can only get better now, great news!

Jimsmrs - hey hun how are you? Are you happy with your progress after week 9?

Can I ask if you guys have breakdowns?

I am feeling a bit better today, did some anxiety hypnosis last night and OH called me and was really sweet and supportive as I sent him a mail on how I can stop being such an anxious wreck. We had a laugh and a joke which made me feel loads better as I had been crying uncontrollably all evening

I'm at week 4 this week and it has felt so slow, but you guys are giving me hope that soon I will be able to handle things just that little bit better and not risk losing the best thing in my life right now xxx

Hi Little Madam

You will get there. In the first few weeks I was a complete basket case!! (whatever that is)lol. Have you ever read any of Claire Weekes books. If not Id recommend them .They have helped thousands of people with anxiety and depression over the years . Also look at http://nothingworks.weebly.com/ Is takes awhile to read but is really good and has definately helped me change my way of thinking. Hope your day is better today. Mo x

Claire Weekes" Self Help for your Nerves" is recommended.

like you said even when norm we get miserable days but have forgotten what norm id.

i seem to feel little anxious today more than other few days. off to see mum for day with Jamie my little one. i did go bed late and had wine. suppose that dent help. been on 50 mg two weeks and 100 mg for five weeks. still early days!

little madam you'll get through this. sounds like you have lovely boyfriend and supportive too.

how you jimsmrs? still having good days? x

Hey Ladies.

Mo is right, you will get there. Because my Hubby has a heart condition and Asthma and he's on a cocktail of meds, we had to buy a book called the British Medical Association Guide to Medicines and Drugs. He lent it to a family member ages ago and have just got it back!!!!! It says for Sertraline 'The onset of effect.. Benefits may appear within 14 days, but full effects may take another 6 weeks and anxiety disorders may take longer.

Littlemadam at week 4 I was like you, just crying over stupid things, I was still convinced the GP was wrong and I had something physically wrong with me, your fella sounds lovely and it's good you can laugh, I now laugh at the way I was.

Jo your 2 weeks behind me and at week 7 I had blip, but it passed as quick as it came. Like Mo I'm not a 100% yet, but when I was bad I felt as though I was being buried, but as the weeks go by it feels as though whatever was burying me is slowly being lifted off me, but we are all different, so Sertraline will behave different.

Keep Posting Ladies

Lesley
    xxxx

---------- Post added at 15:21 ---------- Previous post was at 14:58 ----------

Has anyone heard anything from CathyCrumble?????????

spoke to my doctor and said to say kn 100 mg for another two weeks and she will call me. i feeling a wee bit rubbish today. so blips still happen? hate them.

glad you feeling better. takes time hey x

Heard nothing from Cathy for about a week. Hope shes ok.

Hi everyone,

How are you all feeling today?

Yesterday was an ok day for me, I suppose that is the best that can be expected. Put on a brave face when I spoke to OH and stuff, today feeling mildly anxious, but the normal thought processes seem to have died off a bit for now which is good xxxx

JimsMrs - that is really interesting you had the same thing at around week 4, it definitely makes you feel worse! Am just glad to hear the effects are not permanent and it is actually doing some good. Yeah OH is amazing, I am so lucky to have him, he said how happy he was that I was feeling better and how that's all he wants. It's just hard when he's generally a happy go lucky guy and I am all over the shop, bless him

How are you feeling hun? It's a shame that the blips still exist, I wonder if they'll be banished for ever?

xxxxxx

HI Jo - how was it around your mums yesterday? I hope you had a good day, and are feeling a bit better? I bet Jamie makes you feel better sometimes just having a son to love must be amazing xxx

Mo B - Thanks for your lovely words of support xxx I am going to buy that Claire Weeks book when I have finished the one my CBT lady has recommended which is by Melanie Fennell and How to Overcome Self Esteem, as this is the route of all my problems. It's crazy as I'm a confident girl who works in sales, but my therapist hit the nail on the head with the things she was saying. So fingers crossed the book helps

How are you feeling today? Do you have any plans for the week ahead?

Did the fresh air help at all? And you are right, anyone has up and down days so we can't expect to be perfect all the time xxx

Cathy - if you're reading this, big hugs and hope you're ok hun xxxx

I don't know if this will help anyone, but for the past two nights I have been listening to a hypnotherapy podcast for anxiety, the person does loads of free ones which I have used on and off for the last year and they have been good, but there is now a specific anxiety one for £1.99 and it's helping. I do it just before bed, and it's given me crazy anxiety dreams, but then I've woken up the next day feeling better, this is day two and I'm not as bad as I have been at all.

Speak soon xxx

Morning all

Well im feeling better today than I did yesterday. Slept quite well although woke up in a drenching sweat in the early hours . This has been happening since I went on the S ertraline. Usually its just a mild sweat though. Could be menopause stuff also! Never know what to blame things on! lol Just been out for a paper as it looks like rain for later - forecast for all day.Yuck. I always feel better when the sun shines. Never mind onward and upward. Im doing a CBT course on line (MOOD GYM -its free ! yeh!) I havent bothered with it since my hols but think i will resume it today. Hope everyone is feeling ok today.

PS didnt have to run to loo this morning first time in weeks!

Hi everyone. Jo another 2 weeks will take you to 9 weeks, Alfredo1 was at 10 weeks when she swapped her meds, so you have that option, when your GP phones you to tell her if you're still unhappy with your progress on sert. Hope you had a good day out.

Littlemadam my hubby is the same, nothing ever seems to gets him down. He sees the improvements in me more than I do. Just take each day as it comes each good day is a bonus.

Mo Yep raining up here today, it's gone really dark. I had a really good nights sleep last night too, but still got the trots though and it was really bad, just about made it to the lav if you are menopausal are you on any HRT? my GP put me on a low dose.

Hope everyone has a great day !!!!!

Lesley
    xxxx

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread Information