Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: Changed from Cit to Sertraline

Re: Changed from Cit to Sertraline

i was on lower dose before for about six weeks. been on 150 for seven weeks now. x

Thirteen weeks should really be long enough for this medication to start working but I have read of people who have taken it for 10 to 12 weeks before it has made any real difference and I wonder if it will take as long for each dose to work.
    If you are starting to feel a little better then it is making a slight difference.

If you can stand it, it may be good to give it another week or two to see if you feel any more benefit. Give yourself a cut off point, a certain date and tell yourself that if you do not feel it is working for you by that date then you will go back to your GP and ask about raising the dose or changing to another medication.
    I do know how horrendous anxiety and depression is and how desperate we can become so if you do not feel you can continue with sertraline then please go back to your GP sooner rather than later. x
    Last edited by erin31; 27-06-12 at 23:09.

thanks so much for your advice. nice to talk to someone who understands x

Hi all

Hope everyone is well . Havent posted for a while, probably because Im feeling good at the moment. Im really wishing that everyone else will also soon feel better. Ive now had my diagnosis from the hospital regarding my " ladies problem" and its something called Lichen Sclerosus which is a condition which hopefully will be resolved with steroid cream, although it is a lifelong condition and it has to be kept in check to avoid the minor risk of developing cancer which goes along with this condition. Anyway Ive a mild case apparently so should be ok once the meds start to work.

Onwards and upwards all.

Mo xxx

so pleased they found out and.can.keep eye on it. how's tablets? you feeling better?

i up and down. not mega down just slight nerves and feel tears there. but better. been 8 weeks on 150 so just hoping it slowly working! like ya said cause i up dose just taking long while to adjust. going to stick with it little while. suppose it very slow working!? x

Hi Mo. Please to hear you are feeling better and that you have a diagnosis for your problem and it can be helped.
    It is so good to hear when things start to go well for people x

Joannatm. I have read of many people who have found that Sertraline has taken some time to take effect. I think the fact that I found it working in a couple of weeks puts me in the minority. Hopefully it will soon kick in for you too. It doesn't work over night but hopefully you will soon find yourself having good hours and then good days and eventually good weeks. x

thanks so much. its so slow and i impatient. feeling 80% today. how's everyone? alls quiet x

I have just gone from 60mg Citalopram to 150mg Sertraline and I really have had a horrible transition.
    To top it off, I really don't feel like I like this med as much as the Citalopram, it's a bit crap to be honest. I think I'm going to ask to go to 200mg but I'm so exhausted I'm not sure what will happen.
    I read some threads about people being prescribed Wellbutrin as well to help energy levels? I'm not sure, I'll see what my psych says and go from there.

I have a feeling this drug is not going to be the one for me, and I am absolutely dreading another change of meds, it takes so long, and the side effects are so bad :(

I'm glad you're at 80% though, that must be nice. Onward and upward for you hopefully x

Good luck.

Phil x

Hi All
    I haven't posted for a while as computer down. Been having really good days with no anxiety! Today not so good :( Hoping tomorrow will be better. Returning to work fulltime tomorrow. It's good to be back at work and everyone is really supportive which helps. Only a handful of co-workers know of my meltdown, everyone else thinks I had a virus lol. I hope everyone is coping ok and feeling better. Take care, Jo x

I'm on 150mg of sertraline and have had some great days. i think i have found my trigger so hope to work on my anxiety...but!!!
    ive read and bought lots of self help stuff etc, and seeing a counsellor,and they all say, think nice things, let it wash over you etc etc.....my anxiety is with me all day.........but what i dont understand is, if anxiety is chemical imbalance, how can these remedies of think nice things etc work???? surely only medication can cure it?

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread Information