Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Changed from Cit to Sertraline

Re: Changed from Cit to Sertraline

Defy think they are especially around and after pmt . what started you.off x

---------- Post added at 15:21 ---------- Previous post was at 15:18 ----------

Ps nice talking to you. nice to know others feel same x

A Stomach Virus I had last November. GP reckons it left me with that Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and that had brought on the depression and anxiety, didn't believe her though. I'd suffered from low moods before when I first hit the menopause 3 or 4 years ago, (I didn't get PMT or PND as I always went straight back on the Pill after each of my 3 were born) but never like this. I felt as though a fuse had blown in my head. Couldn't function, couldn't connect with anything,TV,reading,even my hubby, no enthusiasm to do anything or go anywhere, couldn't eat, was convinced I had some serious illness, even used to beg for an ambulance, lost all faith in my GP until she told me how I was feeling, with the disconnection with everyday things and that I was feeling as though I was on the outside looking in, classic depression symptoms.
    She tried me on some of the other tabs Cit,Mirt,Prozac all gave me problems, so she put me on the Sert and put me in touch with a local group, got my first appointment this Friday, and I'm being to look forward to it.

It's nice to talk to you too, thanks for listening x

Its awful what a virus can cause. Do feel for you as know how you feel. can't control it. what upsets me is that i got time with children andeel this awful upsets me.i had flu last Jan and than after that.i felt awful again and had to go on tablets. Feels like forever. all best. keep in touch x

Still feeling rubbish after changing when had tablets. i presume it that! X

---------- Post added at 15:01 ---------- Previous post was at 14:24 ----------

Has anyone else made this mistake and if so how long till felt better. i been on 50 mg for to weeks and 100 mg for three week. i am completely lost in what to Do. Am i still impatient or should i go back factors x help x

Hi Jo
    sorry to hear you're still feeling rough. 5 weeks altogether and you're not feeling any better, you may need another week, but in the meantime, try and get an appointment this week with your GP

Felt ok last week but yesterday and today bad but could be because taking too many on that one day! ix how you today? X

---------- Post added at 17:08 ---------- Previous post was at 16:22 ----------

How you feeling kel ? How long you been on them x

Hi everyone,

Is there room for a little one on this thread?

I've been on them nearly two weeks now (upped dose to 100mg last Weds). Had weekend from hell, crying, scared I was losing my other half, had a break down in front of him. I'm putting it down to me adjusting to these new tablets, and know the way I have been is not me, so am hoping these things ware off.

How's everyone's weekend been? Joanna, how's your bad spell going? Hope you are coming through it and are over the worst of it xxx

Hi all,
    I’m still very up and down on the sert. I felt really awful at the weekend. No energy, tingly, no appetite, flippy tummy etc. Today, I’m feeling a bit brighter. Going to give it another week on the 100mg then consider something else. Trying hard with my CBT too. Keeping a mood diary etc. Going to lay of alcohol too until the weekend and see if that makes a difference

Littlemadam, I think its definitely the increase that’s caused you your breakdown. Try to stay under control and think that it’s the meds that are keeping your anxiety high.

xxxxxxx

Hi Joanna
    Yes I'm much brighter, changed to caffiene free teabags, seems to have stopped the jumpy tummy,hope you're feeling better today xx keep posting!!!!

Hi Littlemadam,welcome to the thread!!!! I agree with Alfredo1, upping the dose can be quite scary, I'm coming to my 7th week, 3wks on 50mg and nearly 4 weeks on 100mg and I have the occasional blip, so sure yours will pass xx keep posting!!

Hi Alfredo1 glad you're feeling a little better today, just read a post on another thread from Yogi, she says she started to feel total relief after 3 months on Sert xx Keep postingxx

Hi guys

nice you joining us little madam its good to share. Awful what you have to go through before chemical settle.you'll get there.
    today i okish but been busy which helps. still having.moments lots. only been on two werkd 50 mg and three weeks in 100 mg. presuming still early days. Like you kel i had awful weekend.

Like you kel up and down every day. how many weeks you on it? hoping like you j get there. you can email any day to talk. well get therr all if us.

So glad you feeling better jimsmrs. keep me posted everyone. we get there together x x

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information