Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My dairy of battling my agrophobia and panic attacks!!

My dairy of battling my agrophobia and panic attacks!!

So the past few months my agrophobia and panic attacks have reared their ugly heads...Plus my OCD so as you can imagne I've been pretty much house bound since December unless some one has been with me or been able to get a taxi there in front and pick me up outside the door...

Anyway I had a baby on the 20th of Feb and I decided enough was enough.. My Ocd has got ALOT worse during this time I obbsess I don't love my daughter even though I do and that sets of panic attacks then panic attacks set of agrophobia I get very nervous when I need to go out and plan how to get there days before and who's taking me and my escape route... like I couldn't walk down the town centre if i was further then 2 mins away from the bus stop

So everyday I've been trying to get out today I managed to go out on my own with my baby and actually sat in a cafe and had a drink and fed the baby!! And walked around the supermarket that is the first time I have been that far on my own since December and even more stressful with a newborn!!!

I'm going to update my progress every day and let you know where I go

Re: My dairy of battling my agrophobia and panic attacks!!

Good for you you done very well keep it going it will do your confidance good

Quote Originally Posted by katie23 View Post
    I get very nervous when I need to go out and plan how to get there days before and who's taking me and my escape route...

So everyday I've been trying to get out today I managed to go out on my own with my baby and actually sat in a cafe and had a drink and fed the baby!! And walked around the supermarket that is the first time I have been that far on my own since December and even more stressful with a newborn!!!

Thats absoloutely brilliant news Katie....you should be so proud of what you have achieved

I got that 'planning' thing going on before I go anywhere too so I understand how hard this must be for you. You seem to have gained a strength since having your baby and that is deff a positive. Keep working at it, good luck and most of all well done you

Does anyone want to join me in trying to beat it? Atleast when we have a day where we are not doing good we have each other!

I know the only way to get over them is to go out and let the symptoms be there... I really wanted to turn round and run home and when I seen it in the distance I thought OMG i have to go all the way there then in there and wanted to run back home... but I just went NO you have to do it a panic attack is not going to kill you.... yes I felt light headed and like I was going to pass out but I kept at it... I even hyperventilated on the way up I burp in air and breathe in really deeply....

I know I need to get a grip on it now I have a baby it's not fair on her to be stuck in 4 walls.. I'd rather have a million panic attacks then let her suffer in any way shape of form...

The planning thing is stupid when it is really bad and I have to go out I plan what route to walk round a shop and just go into a blind panic and forget half of my things! How rubbish is panic attacks and anxitey? It's stupid... xx

Thats great news, well done, treat yourself to something, stay focused and positive

Totally agree, panic attacks and anxiety are rubbish lol. But you seem to have the right attitude and that's half the battle won. That planning thing...same for me, I spent all day a couple of weeks ago planning how I could get to small local supermarket, just a short distance away, only needed bread & cigs lol but took me all day to finally convince myself I could do it, so stupid I'm already with you in trying to beat it, and you're so right, there are some great supportive people here to help us on our journey.

Quote Originally Posted by katie23 View Post
    So the past few months my agrophobia and panic attacks have reared their ugly heads...Plus my OCD so as you can imagne I've been pretty much house bound since December unless some one has been with me or been able to get a taxi there in front and pick me up outside the door...

Anyway I had a baby on the 20th of Feb and I decided enough was enough.. My Ocd has got ALOT worse during this time I obbsess I don't love my daughter even though I do and that sets of panic attacks then panic attacks set of agrophobia I get very nervous when I need to go out and plan how to get there days before and who's taking me and my escape route... like I couldn't walk down the town centre if i was further then 2 mins away from the bus stop

I have agoraphobia and i get panic attacks, i managed to go to Birmingham today on the train. But beforehand i was panicking on the bus

So glad I found this thread - and well done OP! You should be really proud of yourself

So, I have panic and anxiety too, and had a really bed experience last november when quite far from home. Since then, I haven't left my local area at all, and can just about manage to get to work which is a 15 minute walk away.

Anyway tomorrow, I have to drive 18 miles to an appointment and I'm so scared. I have to go to this appointment and I don't know if I will be able to cope. My mum and my partner are coming with me, and I have propranolol and diazepam if I need it. Still worried though, that I might have huge panic attack and not be able to function. My partner will be able to drive if I get bad, which is good.

I have such a phobia of vomiting and being confined which is affecting my life severely, and so badly want to be normal

Quote Originally Posted by miss_t View Post
    So glad I found this thread - and well done OP! You should be really proud of yourself

So, I have panic and anxiety too, and had a really bed experience last november when quite far from home. Since then, I haven't left my local area at all, and can just about manage to get to work which is a 15 minute walk away.

Anyway tomorrow, I have to drive 18 miles to an appointment and I'm so scared. I have to go to this appointment and I don't know if I will be able to cope. My mum and my partner are coming with me, and I have propranolol and diazepam if I need it. Still worried though, that I might have huge panic attack and not be able to function. My partner will be able to drive if I get bad, which is good.

I have such a phobia of vomiting and being confined which is affecting my life severely, and so badly want to be normal

Hey, You know what to do remember the tablets are there and if you need to take them they are there but knowing they are there should be enough... try to ride through the anxitey.. I just tell myself 'this is panic attack, It's not going to hurt me and let the feelings be there... sometimes it does get too much though and I do turn back home.. but knowing I tried to manage it helps!!

The best thing to do is keep exposing yourself... I know it's hard x

So I didn't manage to update yesterday with what I did!!... I never had time with a new born my days nappy changes and visiting people..

Well I managed to stay out from 1-6 pm that is pretty good for me. At one point I really really wanted to come home mainly due to my OCD and wanting to obbsess alone what is typical of me..we only went to oh's Mum's and Grans but his Gran's is quite far away so I did well to be that far away from home without making an excuse to not go... we then got back and just popped into asda and boots whats good for me I didn't run home when I had the chance and I did feel panicy in asda but I got on with it and just done what I needed to do......

So slowly getting there x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information