Thread: Coming off Fluoxetine after 3 days

Coming off Fluoxetine after 3 days

So I've decided to come off Fluoxetine after only 3 days of taking it.
    Im suffering from really bad depression, worst depression ive felt for a good few years.

After only taking this for a short amount of time, will it be ok to just stop? and how long will the side effects still effect me?

Re: Coming off Fluoxetine after 3 days

Yes it should be OK to jsut stop. why don't you carry on with them though? They do make you feel worst before getting better .

I wish I had stopped them after 3 days I stuck it out for 31 and it was my worsk nightmare.
    They gave me a lot of fear and anxiety.

You will be fine I just stopped as my gp told me to then I waited a week and went on to sertraline.

Cathy xx

You should be fine stopping after just 3 days but prozac does have a long half life so it will take a few days to get it out your system x x

Prozac is one of the easiest SSRI's to stop due to its long half life. I stopped after 3 weeks and had no problems at all.

Prozac was one of the worst drugs I have ever tried, it made my anxiety sky high, violent and suicidal. Never again.!

You should be fine.

Second time round on Prozac was HELL for me - the worst depression I have ever had in my life - became scared - my head felt it was in a deep black hole all foggy - could not stop crying/sobbing - so distressing and I had only been on 3 weeks.

Shame as it had worked well for 15 years but is no longer my friend.

Good luck Laura

The first time I went on Prozac I nearly stopped after 2 days, I felt awful and it was scary and I thought I just couldn't do it. But then a couple of days later it was like a light being switched on. I suddenly felt amazing and it lasted for a whole year before I decided to come off. Didn't work the 2nd time but I know that's quite common from reading things on here. Can you stick it out a few more days. If you have bad depression SSRIs can be excellent and so helpful but you have to give them a chance to work.

I agree with ems73. I have been on Prozac now for 3 months and it took about 6 weeks if not a bit longer to work for me. I would recommend that you stay with it a bit longer because this last month I have felt a vast improvement. I still feel anxious on times but not as anxious and depressed as I was before Prozac.

Prozac first time around took 12 weeks to make me feel "normal" - I know because it was the day I began driving lessons and it served me well for 15 years but not second time around made the past few weeks hell tbh, but there you go we are all different.

Thread Information