Thread: Headaches

Headaches

Its me again sorry. Now into my fifth week of headaches :-( Every day they come on, tight accross the forehead etc. Deep down I now they are tension headaches and that I need to relax to break the cycle. Went to the doctors with my other half on Tuesday night and I have been referred for CBT and also the doctor prescribed me a short course of dimazipan (sorry poor spelling) which is helping me relax.

I just want the headaches to go, as I keep thinking it is something more. Why cant I accept it is tension headaches and believe my doctor. As soon as I wake up I think will I get a headache and bam I do. Painkillers dont seem to work :-(

The doctor reckons that I need to deal with my anxiety first before things will get better, I feel so much pressure in my head I feel like it will explode.

Once again, thanks for reading. So glad we have this site to talk.

Re: Headaches

I have just posted the following on another headache post, hope it helps .............

I had this for months! And do you know what it turned out to be.................I needed new pillows! Alot of headaches are due to bad necks! Try getting new pillows, the best pillows are just normal pillow, cheap ones from tescos, or other supermarkets, the orthopedic ones or memory ones are really no good for my neck! x

Thread Information