Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citalopram and Headaches

Citalopram and Headaches

Does anyone experience headaches on citalopram? And if so how would you describe them?

Re: Citalopram and Headaches

Hi jakesmummy, I have only been on them 8 days and apart from a bit of a fuzzy head I haven't had any headaches. I'm only on 10mg. How long have you been on them and what dose? Are you finding them any good??

Kendra x

when i started they were like a pulsating pain on my temples and eyes but i have had one today that is more of a burning ache in my head and has made me feel tierd and dizzy had loads of weird head sensations before i started cit though ,my dr said he had to come off cit cause it gave him headaches !!!

I started 4 weeks ago on 10mg then 2 weeks ago 20mg.
    Had pressure feeling in head since I started them.

Hi I suffer from them too , I think its perhaps tension , I take a couple of co codamol 30/500 and they seem to do the trick, the more anxious I am the wirse they are , I can of feel as if my head is being squeezed.

I have been on cit for 6 weeks. In the past week or so I have been getting headaches at the back of my head. It is much like a tension headache. Is this a side effect or part of the condition? Do you get side effects only a certain time - i.e. 4 to six hours after you have taken the tablet or can they occur at any time?

on my 4th wk of citalopram, and yes i do get headaches... sometimes dull, sometimes intense and annoying. depending on severity i would take paracetamol or ibuprofen. some days it is like a tension headache, pressure on temples and straining my eyes. and sometimes i can only feel the pain on half of my head. and i get the fuzzy head feeling too mostly in early mornings!

Has anyone experienced eye ache from their citalopram? I've only been on it for 5 days at 10mg, but every night my eyes feel like they've been on overdrive and i find myself trying to massage my eyeballs and eyebrows... sounds strange, I know, but that's how tense they feel.
    Anyone else experienced this?

ive been on citalopram 4wks and only last wk i started with headaches that last all day and occur ib different parts of my head front back sides etc i also have achey eyes n pains like behind my eyes does all this sound normal?

i have had a fuzzy head everyday but thought was due to a virus i had now im not so sure into week six now and my head at times awful it means cant think straight either also got pain behind one eye scared to keep taking pain killers. thinking maybe meds not way to go arghhh

---------- Post added at 14:27 ---------- Previous post was at 14:26 ----------

ps dizzydoll mine have got worse last couple of weeks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information