Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ear noises

ear noises

Hi all. I've posted before about ringing in my ears which I can handle but now I'm getting a high pitched *twing* that comes for 1-2 seconds then goes. I got it last night in bed and then my ears felt normal again. I'm worried it's the start of some ear disease that will make me deaf. Does anybody else worry about going deaf??Any advise would be appreciated. I'm at work and just want to go home and get under the covers and block out. xx

Thanks

Hi, I get the same thing, I was diagnosed with tinnitus last year, harmless but very annoying. I also get the high pitched noise which as you say lasts for seconds at a time. If yours is tinnitus you are defo not going death. Have you seen your dr?

Best wishes,

Polly

lol, i hateeeeeeeee when my ears do that.. dont worry tho.. my g/f, mom, firends, they all get it.. and if u think about it then it'll get louder, trust me..

hi,
    i too get a ringing in my ears and at the moment they constantly feel like they want to pop. its frustrating cos it worries me that i'm going deaf. it gets me down cos just when i think i've got one worry under control then wham along comes another.

Hi, i don't get the ringing, but i definately do get the high pitched *twing* that lasts a few seconds. Just as i'm starting to worry it goes.
    anx

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

HI,
    I use to get ear ache alot when i was little.
    But don't get it so much.
    xx

e chant

I too don't have ringing but certainly get this high pitch tone which lasts for a few seconds. Sounds like it's pretty "normal"!

I get flutters in my ear or sometimes my heartbeat in my ear xx

fibrochat) http://apriltones.proboards54.com

Hi,

I have chronic Tinnitus in my left ear from a loud rock concert last year.

To say that it made me go through hell and back would be an understatement. I have to wear earplugs now in any loud place, and this has also managed to put me off going out. However, last Sunday a friend asked me to go to a concert because I never come out, and he said it would be good for me to get out. I said no at first, worried about my ears, but then he asked me again to come, so I went. I wore earplugs, but my Tinnitus has gotten far worse :(

I am hoping it will fade back to it's normal level as I often feel like I cannot cope if it remains this loud. It's so loud it causes me to have panic attacks in bed etc, or become moody and agitated.

I will be giving up concerts for life now, which is a shame as I love music.

I worry about the noise and about going deaf so know what you're going through.

I worn earplugs to concerts before since the initial damage that gave me tinnitus, and I've always come away feeling fine with no bad problems. I think I got damage this time because my earplug was protecting me well enough (it fell apart as I washed it after the concert).

Has anyone been in my situation where they have already got tinnitus and went to a concert and it made it even louder? Will the loudness fade? It's been 4 days now so I am worried. I never used to hear it over ambient daytime noise, only at night, but now it's so loud I hear in the daytime too.

Best wishes,

Seph

You may like to try "Hopi ear candles" to see if that helps.

Try these as well

Ears sounds
    Is there a woodpecker in my ear?
    Buzzing sound in right ear
    Tinnitus?
    Ears hurting - Is it panic?
    ringing ears
    dizzy

pulsating ears
    Is this normal?

tinnitus
    Tinnitus?