Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: early days on Sertraline

early days on Sertraline

Hi Im new on here and have been looking at this forum for a while. It seems nice to have other people to talk to experiencing the same things! I have been taking Lustral for just over 3 wks now and am still having anxiety and not sleeping for longer than 3-4 hrs at night. Wake at about 4am with silly irrational anxious thoughts but trying to tell them to go away as i dont want to listen ! Sometimes it works / sometimes not

This is my second bout of anxiety/dep after feeling great for the last 4 yrs. I was on citalopram last time which worked well but side effects to start were horrible so doc suggested Sert. as patients do not report as bad affects. So far they havent been as bad so so far so good although this morning it seemed to make me feel suddenly zonked and sickly. Im off work at mo and so having to keep myself busy which is getting a little easier so maybe its beginning to work. Anxiety not as bad also. Hope everyone else is doing ok . Would love to see a bit of encouragement from someone .

FACE,ACCEPT & FLOAT (advice from the wonderful CLAIRE WEEKES books)

Hi Mo B

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: early days on Sertraline

It's been so long ago that I started Zoloft I can't remember the early weeks in terms of how it affected me but don't worry too much just yet about it not doing what you want, it takes generally at least a month to start to make a difference as well as possible side effects getting less and/or going away. I hope you start feeling better and not sick anymore and welcome to this great site.

Thanks for your welcome Rock Chick. Hope all is ok with you.
    Ive had anxiety on and off for many years. Im disappointed that it has returned again after a few years without. I am at "that funny age" as well which doesnt help! Have continued to feel a bit blocked and spacey all day but sickness has abated and anxiety seems less. I just feel flat at the moment. Hope tomorrow is better.

Hi Mo and

Pip xx

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Mo I am on day 19 of sirt and I am like you finding the anxiety high and waking early I am on 50mg I did got upto 100 for a week and I was in a bad way so went back down to 50mg. It is the waiting game now hoping they work.

Good luck

Cathy xx

Day 15 for me Mo, and like Cathycrumble I increased too soon from 50 to 100. Take your time with it and one morning you'll wake up and the anxiety will be gone

To be honest I didn't really feel antidepressants would do much for general anxiety. I started taking them years ago for OCD and they made that more bearable but after reading more about them more recently and how they helped others with anxiety I decided to up my dose (I was supposing to be taking 200mg a day anyway but I been only taking 100mg for ages, so I just went back to what I was supposed to be taking) and somehow I feel it has made at least a small difference.

However since I also take Xanax it's kinda hard to tell but I do feel a bit better than say a month ago.

Welcome Mo - me too on Sertraline taking 50mg at the moment but doc wants me on 100mg - doing in my way - because I don't want those side effects - have had enough of them lately.

You'll meet loads of people in the same boat!

Laura x

Thank you so much everyone for your support and comments. I got up about an hour ago had breakfast and have taken my tablets (Im' on BP tabs as well but have been on these for years and am ok with them. I woke up early again and at first was quite calm but then got more edgy. Oh well this will go eventually . I remember from last time the first time I awoke without anxiety . It was great . One day!! It is helpful to have other people who understand to talk to. Last time I had a friend at work who had been through it all and we were a great help to each other. Its waiting for the tabs to work thats the killer, although I know I have to work at it myself also and change my thought patterns from negative,doom laden thoughts to positive ones. Hope you all have a good day. Hang on in there. IT WILL get better

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information