Thread: scared i have a neurological dieseas...thanks dr google!

scared i have a neurological dieseas...thanks dr google!

So its been a long while since ive been on this site...i overcame my anxiety and things have been going great for the last 6 months ive been enjoying my life and thought id truly seen the last of my anxiety...then boom i think im heading back to square one again..

It all started a couple of weeks ago....i felt a strange feeling in my left arm and leg it sort of felt weak but i was still able to walk ok and although my arm felt weak i still could manage to use it...no dropping things or trouble with grip...just a strange heaviness,anyway i tried to ignore it and carry on as normal it wasnt causing any major problem and i expected that it would go away. So fast forward to last friday when i started with twitches in my foot...again i didnt worry too much when i massaged it it seemed to go away...for the rest of the night they twitched away i also felt other twitches in different parts of my body.

So the problem is this...like a fool i googled....big big big mistake!Oh dear lord i wish i hadnt and i should no better.Im now convinced this is the start of some terrible neurological disorder mainly als.Ive been testing myself everyday to see if i still have strengh in my muscles...i can do the strengh tests but i can feel a definte weakness and im still twitching.Also when i stick my tongue out that seems to twitch too....oh dear me im such an idiot....i cant beleive ive let myself do this againCan twitching occur after anxiety as gone?

Re: scared i have a neurological dieseas...thanks dr google!

Hey there, I have the same weakness issue in my left arm. It doesn't necessarily have to be a serious neurological problem, it may be just some damaged nerve or some stressed nerve because of bad posture or bad pillow when sleeping. You can always have it checked.

and... DO NOT ASK DR GOOGLE :/
    He doesn't even have a diploma...

Quote Originally Posted by Beyonderz View Post
    Hey there, I have the same weakness issue in my left arm. It doesn't necessarily have to be a serious neurological problem, it may be just some damaged nerve or some stressed nerve because of bad posture or bad pillow when sleeping. You can always have it checked.

and... DO NOT ASK DR GOOGLE :/
    He doesn't even have a diploma...
    Haha that made me laugh about dr google!! I know it was a silly thing to do i should have known better...the thing is im experiencing symptoms that i didnt even have before i googled and im now convincing myself i have them. Ill try and forget about it for now and see how it is in a few more days.
    Thanks

I get random little bouts of weakness too, often in my legs and I feel as if I have to stop walking and sit down. Sometimes I get them unilaterally and convince myself I'm having a stroke- It resulted in a completely pointless trip to A&E once! Anxiety causes really weird things to happen to your body and its a vicious cycle. I was getting uncontrollable twitching for ages too, but I reckon it was adrenaline depletion or something from all the panic!

Once its simply a sensation and not ACTUAL weakness, then you're ok. Ask someone close to you to test this by pushing against their hands.

i have exactly what you have described hun on and off for months now i get weakness in my right arm and leg and i get twitchin alot too xx

Just thought id post an update...I'm still twitching mainly feet and calves its drove my absolutely mental all week..so much that I couldn't bare it anymore and took myself to a and e...anyway the doctor did a few checks...strength tests etc just basic stuff really...he said everything seemed ok from what he could tell of my obsv and that it didn't seem overly concerning and that some people can just experience random twitching...he was happy to send me on my way. So that's reassured me a little but not completely as I'm still twitching...next step is a chat with my go I think :(

Thread Information