Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cant take nomore

Cant take nomore

i suffer from panic attacks and cant go anywere alone !! i have to relay on my fiance to take me everywere..now its got to the point were he feels his life is dead now he cant do anything wivout me...He's wanting to go ova to his family about 30mins away on train and go out to pub wiv his brother only prob is if he goes i cant b alone in house ill panic really bad...i normaly stay wiv my mum n dad but at the mo they have no room..i feel its my fault he no life.. i wish i had a life away from my fella but there noone i can turn to... i feel really bad about all this i dont know wot 2 do !! i cant take anymore of this !

hey hun.
    im sorry things r so bad for u at the mo!!
    Could u go over to his families house and mayb stay there while he goes out with his bro?
    its not ur fault at all, the only other thing i can suggest is facin ur panic head on! i know this is very hard to do but mayb its a good idea to start being left for a few hours and mayb u will get to a point where u feel safe at home!! I know how hard things r for u hun!!
    Ammegxxxx

When I suffered really bad with monophobia I was exactly the same as you, terrified of being in alone. The first time it happened that I was in alone, I spent the whole day talking to people on MSN from this forum.
    Although it's not the same as having someone there with you it really helped me so maybe it could help you too.
    Also trying to keep busy helps too.

One of the reasons I didn't split up with my husband sooner was because I was scared of being home alone, apart from the kids. My eldest is at school and my youngest goes to nursery twice a week and I really look forward to trhe break.

hope it goes well for you hun

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

things r not going too well.. im sat ere crying...as we just had words..he says his life is ova now i told him i got chest pains n feel like im gonna have a panic attack but he did nothing...why is he being so hard on me and dont help me its my fault for suffering..he says he dont want me 2 go wiv him as that will spoil his day...i said u dont think of me at all...he says all i think of his me but ive told him im not stopping him from going.. i told him i mite pack a few things and go stay wiv my mum he said go giv us sum space i cant belive he said that im so hurt and upset i cant take nomore !!!!

Aww Nicki, I'm so sorry. It is so difficult for people who have never had panic and anxiety to understand how fearful we can be. I know you feel hurt but he probably is feeling lost and doesn't know what to do help you, which makes him frustrated as he wants to help you because he cares about you.

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Nikki, sometimes our partners have to be cruel to be kind. I know we don't like to hear "pull yourself together", but we have to try and face our fears. Unless you have personally suffered from anxiety/panic you will never understand. My mum was a non-believer until she was 50. She didn't give me any support at all, I was a mess, but when my dad left her, I was the supporter then and she was so upset that for years she didn't believe that there was anything wrong with me. I know its going to be hard for you, but you have to take one step at a time. Why don't you let him go, stay at home for a bit and if you feel too scared then go to your family or a friend. Your partner needs his space, and a night off so he can go and spend time with his family will do him the world of good and if he comes home and sees that you have coped, he will be really proud of what you've achieved. You CAN do it, if I can do it anyone can, and believe me, it does get easier.

Hope it goes OK for you.

Les

Hi there, am so sory you feel so awful. As has been said, unless you have 'suffered' a panic attack, i truly don't think you can understand how awful it is. I believe partners sometimes just don't know what to say or do, i know my hubby still doesn't after all these years. I used to hate being 'home alone', now i relish in the peace and quiet and 'me' time. I used to make sure i was able to contact someone if i really needed to, i used to switch every light/tv/radio etc. on...i used to come to this website, print off anything that helped me, have a bath/shower, just used to distract myself read/cook absolutely anything. And i was ok. I had panics wth people or alone and survived them all! JUST!!!! Can you imagine how proud both you and your partner will feel if all goes well.. take care and keep in touch xx

sometimes the fear of being alone is far worse than actually doing it. Break the time down into bite size pieces. Wow I've done a whole 30 mins I must be able to do the next now. I remember many a time when my kids were little pleading with my husband not to go to work. Are you getting any outside help like counselling or medication?

big hug

Mandy

sometimes the fear of being alone is far worse than actually doing it. Break the time down into bite size pieces. Wow I've done a whole 30 mins I must be able to do the next now. I remember many a time when my kids were little pleading with my husband not to go to work. Are you getting any outside help like counselling or medication?

big hug

Mandy

thanks for the replys guys....
    IM not getting any counselling or medication....im hoping to try getting back to see my doctor...i onced had my name down for counselling but never heard anything back this was a few yr ago now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information