Thread: Win-win, lose-lose

Win-win, lose-lose

One of the things that is really getting me down at the moment is work. I'm bright and well-educated, yet I feel stuck in a warehouse job that I hate.

I'm only just coming to realise that I've been using lose-lose thinking, which has made me feel stuck and powerless "I hate my job, I don't want to be here", "there are no other jobs about or they're worse and pay less". With that way of thinking whether I stay where I am or move on I lose.

I'm trying to change it round to win-win thinking. "My job is better than averagely paid for the area and sector, I don't have to commute too far, I can take breaks when I want to, I get nearly two months off per year, there is always opportunity for overtime to make extra money, I can 'bank' hours and have extra days or evenings off sometimes". I can stay there and recieve those benefits or I could move on and have new experiences that might open other doors for me and I'd meet new people. Either way I win.

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.

Good that you are thinking positively, always helpful to look at the oposite side and focus on the good things.

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

you are so right w.i.f.t.s, i fell into this trap of negative thinking with regards work, i'm not educated past gcse level but i'm still intelligent, however my anxiety has held me back, but i always made my situation worse by unrealistic expectations and by comparing myself to people who bore no resemblance to me!! how mad is that, you can't say your not achieving as much as someone who does'nt suffer because the fact is their not being tortured by anxiety, so they can get on!!

you are doing well combining your current problems with working, and all the other stuff your doing, my advice to you is acept your life is different now but maybe better than before as you have insight that alot of people lack, and give yourself a break.

YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!

all the best you will get where you want to be, emmas[8D]

do you know what makes you a cut above this, is your ability to rationalise it and see both sides of the coin.

I would say your doing very well, i would suggest you stay in your position until you have really discovered what your actually looking for and then you will know when the time is right to move on.

Well done for being so rational and for seeing things so clearly. I think anxiety hold us backi in so many way but your rationalisation is preparing you for something better

sue with 5

scknight

Thread Information