Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do I lose weight?

'I have never been overweight before and it really scares me.'

What about this really scares you Jules ?

I can understand all the other fears you have when you're sympomatic but cannot see the fear factor here - upset maybe, cross, sensitive but am struggling on the actual fear.
    Thanks

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

hi, you sound fine to me but if you want good programme to lose weight, try weight watchers, i do it at home as have all books, it really works, take care, dont worry, april

apriltones

Hi Jules,

I have been feeling exactly like you lately as I too have put on some weight and its not helping my self confidence one bit. My weight seems to have increased since lst year when I started taking my migraine tablets. It clearly tells you on the leaflet that it can increase your appetite so to eat healthy snacks. This sounds easy but all I want to eat is 'stodge' or sweets. My friend used to take the same ones as me and she too put 1.5 stones so she stopped them and the weight fell off. I tried to stop taking them at the weekend there and I had a headache all weekend so I started them again on Sunday night. My other option is to take Betablockers for my migraines but Im not sure about this either?

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I have felt the same as you too lately. However, from the information that you have provided, I wouldnt regard you as over weight anyway. Maybe keep a food diary for a week or so just to see if you are eating more than normal and then just make a few small changes if required.

Hope your ok.

sadie

Thanks guys, guess I'm not really scared Meg, suppose that was the wrong word to use. I just feel even more out of control of my body. And of course it crossed my mind that it could be something physical causing it. Have tried to stomp on that one pretty quick though. Guess it's just because I'm not feeling brilliant that it has knocked my confidence more than usual.

thanks for the advice too Sadie

Jules

Hiya Jules,

I agree 10 stone 13 is fine for you height and before 'anxiety' took over i was always between 9 and 9.7 stone and that was a weight I was happy with. I admit that if i hit 10 stone 13 I also wouldn't be happy in myself and i think that is the most important thing - that you are comfortable with yourself. I'm also sure you do not look overweight at all..

LOL - I'm not going to Megs meet as it is a bit far to travel and with kids and stuff a bit of a problem to get away!!!

look into local classes and see if there are any beginners classes you fancy

Lucky

I know Lucky, I can't believe that I weight that much, I nearly fell off the scales. I can't understand where it has all come from. I hope I lose it easily. I got the timetable for classes at the gym last night but most of them are when I'm at work and I'm not sure about going to a full class the way I feel. I feel so awful that I feel like I can hardly walk let alone exercise

I'm feeling really really crappy today, lots of hot flushes, dizziness and I ache from head to foot. Feel like I've been run over by a truck. Plus I have that horrible burning feeling in my mouth and head. Back to lots of scarey thoughts. My head keeps moving so suddenly that sometimes I feel like I will fall off my chair or pass out.

Jules,

Hate to throw this at you because when you're female everybody does, but you're not pregnant or due on are you? If there is any possibility you could be pregnant you need to do a test. If not then I apologise if I cause offence. Only I went to the doctor once with constipation and headaches and he said do a pregnancy test, and I was.

Ruth
    x

Ruth

I'm not offended at all. I'm not pregnant, you're not the first person to have suggested this, and I'm not due on either. Guess it might just be the crappy anxiety stuff again.

Jules

Guys. I'm still trying to eat healthily. Have cut down on the bad stuff generally. I've heard that you should only be eating 1000 calories a day if you want to lose weight, does anyone know if this is right. I find it really hard to stick to as it's drinks that seem to bump things up. Even though I'm only drinking the odd cup of tea and have switched to fruit juice, the calories still count with about 50 calories per drink. I'm drinking water too but really do like fruit juice etc.

Jules

Yes, thats about right. All depends on metabolism and energy expenditure .

1/2 water 1/2 juice helps a lot.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information