Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hi new here, just started meds and am scared

Re: hi new here, just started meds and am scared

sorry about the babbling message above. Meds are sorted now but I've still sat here all day today with the curtains shut, I just couldn't face people. will this ever get better................?

Hi Penny,

I'm new here too and completely know what it's like to feel like you're not getting any help and everything is just too much.

I have just been offered my first counselling appointment for next week, having been on the waiting list since November, so hang in there lady, they'll get to you I promise. It's horrible playing this waiting game but unfortunately those of us who can't afford private medical care have no choice but to wait. That said, I'd never give up the NHS.

I too have spent today with the curtains closed, today has been a bad one, but there are good ones too. Do you have any friends or family nearby who are aware of the situation? Anyone who can support you at all?

Feel free to PM me any time, we're in the same boat petal.

Sarah x

Unhappy Re: hi new here, just started meds and am scared

thanks, it's good to know we arent alone, although I'm not glad you had a bad day too - here's a friendly hug for you (())

I do have 2 sisters close by now - I moved back to where I was born after living away for 30 years (longggg story), butg they have kids, busy lives, etc I can't expect to be anywhere near trhe top of their lists.

Evenings are the worse time for me. The dark closes in,I'm too afraid to go out and I'm alone, every night.

I did go out today though, just to the shops with my sister, but it was too busy and the panic took over so we came home again. Apart from the embarressment of a panic attack in public I worry that my family will stop inviting me out, cause if I can't cope it disrupts their time out oo.

maybe I would be better moving away again and just being on my own?

Red face Re: hi new here, just started meds and am scared

hi so am i.ifeel really awful since starting on the medication a fortnight ago will i ever feel normal again

saw my GP today he wants me off the quetiapine, so has reduced from 150mg a night to 50mg a night. the chemist said its cause its so expensive., /That really makes me feel worthwhile, if the budget is more important than my health :-(

Hi Penny
    Try to contact M.I.N.D. the mental health charity if you live in England, they may be able to point you in the direction of a support group were you don't need a referral by your GP. I'm in Scotland and we have an organisation called 'Changes' which offers counselling, CBT etc. I have an appointment with them next week and didn't need a referral from my GP.

Good Luck and lets know how you get on

ooh thanks I will do that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information