Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you cope?

How do you cope?

Hi everyone! i have started to feel quite low this week, after going on citalopram, I just can't seem to find hope. I feel very weepy and just 'being' at times is hard! Anyone relate to this after going on meds for the first few weeks? Any suggestions about how you coped with the feeling of this? i seem to improve by the evening but in the morning, wham the feelings are overwheming.

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Dont know as not on meds but everyone I have spoken to says the first few weeks on citalopram you feel complete pants until it gets in your system.

You are doing really really well- whenever you reply to my messages on here you always give me hope ..... you are stronger than you realise Daisybun - I KNOW you are coz you have helped me and others too.

Hang on in there and remember - you are not alone.

Sending you loads of hugs and support Love wenjoy xxx

Meds take time to kick in. Sometimes up to 6 weeks.
    Please be patient it will be worth it x

Hay x

Hia Daisybun
    i went onto citalopram a couple of years ago and thet made me feel 100% worse than what i did before taking them.I was told that if i hung in there they would make me feel better afetr 4-6 weeks but i couldnt do it i felt like i couldnt function properly and as your aware when you have kiddies you need to be with it:(.Whatever you decide to do whether hang in there or come off them you are a strong person and you will get through it.
    Take care and let us know how you get on cheryl xx

Hi Daisybun, I have only been on citlopram for nearly two weeks and also feel rather awful but have been told by several people, that it will be worth it in the end. Just remember you are not alone.

Best wishes,

Polly

Hi Daisybun I know exactly what you mean about improving in the evening but it hitting hard in the the mornings, that's exactly how I am. I started taking Ciprimil 4 weeks ago and the 1st couple of weeks were tough but I am having better days than bad days now. How many mg are you taking? I am taking 10mg at the moment and was thinking of up'ing but going to stick with 10mg for few more weeks to see if I feel any better.

Try and stay positive - take one day at a time - that's what I do. I really didn't think I could put on a brave face and face work today but I did and I am here and it's over half way through the day so. If I can do it... YOU CAN!

Take care
    xxx

Thank you everyone for your encouraging words. I have made it through another day, I have felt a bit better today, which has helped. I'm only on 10mg at the moment but due to increase to 20mg after 14 days.

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Daisy

I can vouch for the benifical effects of citalipragm, it just takes about 10 days to get into the system, once there its very good, what ever you do dont forget to take your prescribed dosage and dont just come off them if you are coming off them wean off them

Keith

Thanks Keith I'll hang on in there!

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Hi Daisy,

I have been taking citalopram now for about 2 months, the first 2 weeks my anxiety seemed alot higher and found the mornings the worst, but stick with them, i am now alot better and returned to work and feeling more like my old self again, i still sometimes have problems on a morning with the anxiety but not as much as before, i take 10mg daily, i should now be taking 20 mg but i am coping with the 10mg so never upped the dose.

Hope that helps daisy

Love Andrea
    xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information