Thread: prickly tingly hands and fingers :(

prickly tingly hands and fingers :(

hey guys so past few days i kepp gettin prickly tingly hands and fingers almost like pins and needles i sometimes get the same feelin in my mouth and my lips, today iv had this feelin i n my hands and fingers all day and its botherin me :( i know you can get odd sensations in your body etc but still im worried also still gettin eptopic beaats :( xx

Re: prickly tingly hands and fingers :(

Hi Sherylee I know everyone always says anxiety and its like a broken record lol, but pins and needles really IS a big anxiety symptom. Have you read any books by Claire Weekes? They are brilliant and have helped me so much and others on here I know would recommend them x

yep thats what i was thinkin lol just cant help thi nk its somethin else a nd though i know its a symptom of anxiety i need a lil reasurence still :( lol aw no i havent but i will thanks hun xx

Hey Sherylee,

The numbness, tingles and pins and needles like sensations are most commonly caused by hyperventilation. You'll find that you are probably hyperventilating without realising. I remember when I first complained to my psychiatrist about the same problem he asked me to breathe in for 9 seconds and out for 11. I couldn't even breathe in for 5 seconds! I was breathing so quickly that I was breathing in for 3 seconds and out for 5! And I had been doing it for so long that I hadn't even realised! I would suggest that you try some breathing exercises to extend your breaths a bit further. So try to breathe in for 5 and out for 7 evenly, and see how you go, then as your breathing slows gradually, try and extend it a little more Meditation and yoga are also fantastic ways of learning to control your breathing. Good luck!

Thread Information