Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: breathing & lung cancer

breathing & lung cancer

Alot of the time i feel like i am having difficulty breathing, like i have a tight chest, i dont think im hypoventalating as i am breathing normally? i dont notice it when im talking to people or when im out, it's horrible

WHAT IS IT!!

Im really worried i might have lung cancer and the docs wont send me for a chest x-ray. the only syptom i'm not getting is coughing up blood!!!

HELP!!!!

Liz

I had something like this a few years ago - shortness of breath, inabiltiy to take deep breaths and a really tight chest. I noticed it when I was trying to get to sleep or just when I was sitting at my desk at work. I went and had a spirometry done (asthma test) which came back fine.

After that, my GP said it was another sympton of my anxiety, and knowing that stopped me to worry about it. It also stopped me checking to see if I was breathing OK all the time - as this worrying and constant checking was actually making the symptoms worse.

just another symptom of anxiety then, bloody hell what symptoms dont we get!!!!

This is driving me to insanity!!!

I feel the same. I find it really difficult to stop thinking about my breathing but it is easier said than done.

Jo Fitzgerald

Yeah I was lucky with that one - my brain let go of the 'loop' about not being able to breathe. I probably found another illness to worry about, instead.

Hi, does any one ever get panic or breathless when talking to someone? i forget what i say then panic then feel out of breath x

fibrochat) http://apriltones.proboards54.com

I often feel exactly the same as if I am breathing through a straw that has a few holes in it. I know it's anxiety as it's not always there and goes when I'm busy and not thinking about it.
    Hang in there!

Mandy

God you lot sound like me!I am breathless most of the time and boy to i hate it.Again doc saids its just anxiety.xxxxxxxx

That’s me to, especially when talking to people, I then find myself panicking more.

Best wishes,

Polly

This was one of my big fears and I had chest X-rays multiple times but it always turned out to be anxiety and the more I worried about it the harder it was to beathe. Now that I finished my cbt group I have not had any problems at all with my breathing and have gone over three months without any panic attacks. You may want to join a cbt group and see if it helps you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information