Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sertraline anyone?

Sertraline anyone?

Hi All

Hope everyone is coping.

Anyone on Sertraline at the moment - I've just been put on it - didn't have a lot of joy with Citalapram.

I would be so grateful for some positives regarding this med.

Thanks all.

Yvonne

Y Goble

yep I am on 200 mg, started a week ago, helped me before but I was using lots of illicet drugs so I am now giving it a proper go

Hi,

I have been on it for 4 weeks. I am on 50 mg. I noticed a difference after the first few days and I am feeling better everyday. I haven't really had any side effects either other then being a little sleepy!

Hi
    I have just also been prescribed Sertraline -50mg (today). I'm going to start taking it tomorrow. There really seems to be a mixed reaction to it from what I have read so far. Will keep you posted on how it goes. I hope that it is working out well for all of you.
    Best Wishes
    Elizabeth
    x

Hi,

Well on july 4th I had chocolate for the first time in months and later that evening I was watching TV and calm and my heart starting racing and I started sweating. I hope it is just a one time thing, but I am worrying again. :(

Hi All

Thanks everyone for the replies. I started off on 50mg and am now on 150mg. Since coming off Seroxat I have had a lot of trouble getting back to my normal non depressed and less anxious self.

The Citalapram was raised to 60mg when it began to work a little better but it gave me dry eye syndrome and I had to come off. Then I went on Nortriptylene and that caused abnormal heart rythms.

I am not worried about the high dosage of the Sertraline - Frankie I see you started off on a high dosage of this med which is unusual - remind me of what you were on before this.

I have had side effects of nausea, hang over feeling and complete lack of energy in the morning - waking up about an hour later. Generally sleepy in the day. Insom ia at night and loss of appetite. I have had sweats and a few racing heart moments that seem to come from nowhere.

However, I think this med is better for me than Citalapram - my anxiety seems to be a bit better and the depression. I definitely don't feel so tearful. I have heard good things about Sertraline and I think it would be a good idea if we all kept in touch so that we can see how we all get on with it.

I still get quite bad anxiety when I have to go places that scare me i.e. supermarkets and the like but once I have walked into the panic it seems to start diminishing quite quickly.

I really need to get a good result from this med because I have been in a depression and anxiety state for the last year and a half.

All comments welcome.

Love to all.

Yvonne

Y Goble

Yvonne,

How are you doing?

Well I was doing great then this last week my anxiety came back full force so she put me on 75mg, and I feel better again already.

I hope you are doing well on the medication.

I have been on Sertraline for 9 weeks, started at 50mg and she just upped me to 100mg. Not sure how I feel right now, always tired especially during the day and not sleeping good at night. Maybe I should give the 100mg a chance? I'm also on low dose klonopin, 3 a day as needed, but i only take 2 most days. My legs have been aching so badly for a couple weeks, not sure if that is a side effect also.
    I'am new here.
    Thank you for listening.

Mystie

Hi,

Everytime I have changed my dose, I get sleepy during the day..but it always passes. I am not sure about the leg thing. The only side effects I have had is indegestion, low sex drive, and sleepiness. I might have to go up to 100mg if 75mg doesn't work. I really think my PMS makes my anxiety worse also. Well thanks for reading. Good luck Mystie.

Kelly

oh.. I am also on xanax .5mg two times a day until I am feeling better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information