Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can withdrawal start late?

Can withdrawal start late?

I was talking to an herbal doctor and she mentioned that some patients of hers were off their meds about 3 months and during that third month started to get really bad. You know how they say the pills are out of your system in a couple days? Well she says if you've been taking it for years there's probably all this residue in your body still trying to clean out.

Now I'm more confused.
    The only withdrawal effect I really experienced coming off Paxil was the fuzzy head feeling and that cleared within a week or so, and other than that it just felt like my anxiety and OCD were coming back [or they were still there before, they just became more apparent]

It's been about 4 months for me. I'm having a hard time keeping the anxiety and ocd in complete check but I am not doing THAT badly. I have felt worse, I know that. So... is it a form of withdrawal or just my symptoms returning?

I would say it was more that the symptoms are back and not so much the withdrawal.

Maybe you need to take stock on things again and check that you are doing all you can to help yourself - diet, exercise, vitamin supplements etc.

Hope you feel better soon.

Nicola

Thanks.

Yeah, I have been walking during the afternoon/evening, taking multi-vitamins and cut out caffiene. I just started some omega 3 oils, and um.. I've reduced the amount of sugar I intake. Also use Rescue Remedy and Valerian sometimes.

Also I just looked at the calendar. It hasn't been 4 months, it's been 2 and a half.

peeps always think its relapse but iv been off 21 mths now and still have a brain injury and cns injury the brain and cns can take over 2 years to heal its not all about getting it out of the system its the damage caused by these drugs and believe me they do do damage

Paxil is the american name for Seroxat which is what I took for 8 years .I stopped taking it in March 2005 and I am still having problems .Many people think thier old symptoms are retuning but it is withdrawl.

Withdrawal cannot possibly last that long. If you're still having issues then something went wrong.

squirrel what are you experiencing?

im sorry to say this ,but YOUR WRONG, withdrawal CAN and does last upto and sometimes over 2 years.When a person has a stroke it can take thier brain 2 years to heal,and believe me these drugs DO cause brain injuries did you know that seroxat has the same chemical make up as LSD????? and thats the truth ,why are thousands of peeps suing gsk for its withdrawal effects? why do peeps go to the docs wqhen they come off the drug to be told its relapse,? im sorry its all big pharma money making and we are thier victims ,you know joe public that trust our doctors.
    These drugs claim to put seratonin back in your brain? why when 90% of seratonin is in the gut???????
    Until you have experienced withdrawal from long term use please don,t tell me it doesn,t exist i have never felt this bad in my entire life,please give me back my origional symptoms

my symptoms to date;
    dizziness
    nausea
    derealisation
    mood swings
    panic
    anxiety
    depression
    chest pains
    breathing problems
    achy joints
    tinittus
    lack of feelings and emotions
    rages
    intolerance of stress
    and all this started 5 days after seroxat and still happening 21 mths later,i feel brain damaged

http://www.paxilprotest.com/page7.html
    there ya go lots of correct info on seroxat and gsk

http://www.antidepressantsfacts.com/...n.htm....heres another thats tells withdrawal like it is,and yes i now have chemical sensitivity thanks to seroxat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information