Thread: newly diagnosed ocd

Unhappy newly diagnosed ocd

hi there i m a 22 yr old female and have just recently been diagnosed with ocd. my ocd revolves around sexual thoughts and images. i find these really stressful and distressing. would love to speak to someone who is goign thru the same thing thanx

Hi kjm31

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: newly diagnosed ocd

Hello kjm31, and welcome to the site.

I'm quite new myself (I joined on Monday), but I wanted to say that everyone here is very friendly and helpful.

I'm sure you will find people here that have shared experiences and will be able to provide support.

hey thanx heaps for replying. i thought i would get no replies lol. i m hoping i will find someone who is dealing with the same sexual natured thoughts and images as me. ocd is nooooo funnn!

I know it's no fun - intrusive thoughts have from time to time played a part in my anxiety and I've struggled to make sense of them.

One thing I was told struck a chord though - something along the lines of.. the intrusive thoughts are often relating to things that are pretty much the opposite of our normal behaviour. It's like we're keeping ourselves in check, but WAY overdoing it.

Anyhow, I'm sure others will be able to share their experiences and make more sense than me!

Good luck

hey thanks for your replies. i suppose that is right or otherwise we wouldnt feel all the guilt and anxiety that we feel. intrusive thoughts suck big time i wish i coudl wake up and they were gone feels like i am living a nightmare!

I was thinking a it more about it and it would also explain how ridiculous the thoughts seem, once we get into a more rational head-space.

But I agree, when we're not feeling too rational they can be really punishing.

"What you resist, persists." - C. G. Jung

Hi Kjm31

Thread Information