Thread: bad weekend

bad weekend

hi all

having a really bad weekend with my problems,it all started on friday-ibeen away watching a airshow away from my family and i was ok till i thought about my breathing then bang my chest goes tight,i was totally freaked out by this as we where on a 2 1/2 hour car journey.when we arrived i used my inhaler and it calmed down a bit but yesterday was a nightmare.i had cheats pains the runs,hayfever and i was convinced i was gonna keel over.i had to find a quite spot and have a lie down!!.i felt a bit better then and when we got back to the hotel i used my blue inhaler-this made me feel sick and started to tremble.i then went out and had 1 drink and something to eat,about ten minutes later i had my head down the toilet.i couldnt sleep last night and im scared of eating now-i just had a piece of toast and a drink of water but i still feel rotten,can the heat make it worse???also i found myself looking for the locations of hospitals and first aiders at the airshow

its really getting down now as im supposed to be going out with friends on friday and i dont think i will cope

thanks for listening peeps

cyas

I totally understand what you mean. im asthmatic and my blue inhaler goes everywhere with me!!! I love air shows as my dad was in the RAF but I think it def. the heat and humidyuty coz I have felt faint,breathless & dizzy all weekend and feel clammy and breathless now and its llam and 25 degrees in bournemouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hang on in there it will get better once we get a thunderstorm in a few days time xxx

Hiya,

Sorry your feeling so bad at the moment. I don't suffer from asthma, but i could imagine that with this flippin heat and the fact you suffer from hayfever no wonder your chest was so tight and you felt like fainting.

At big events like this they will probably be loads of first aid points you can go to if you feel terrible. I'm sure with the weather like it is there will be quite a lot of people using them due to the heat.

Keep trying to eat even if you don't want to and get as much liquids down you as you can, try and stay of the drink though because the sun and booze just don't mix.

Hopefully come friday it will be a lot cooler and you'll be feeling a lot better, you will cope and you'll have a good time. Do your friends know how you are feeling???

Take care.

Marie XXX

Hi, yes the hot weather can deffinately make it worse. Try to drink plenty of fluids and maybe doing breathing exercises would help.
    When my brother was 2-3 and it was hot weather he would be really bad and hillucinate.

Hope you feel better soon

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

Thread Information