Oh wow I can't believe I'm not the only person dealing with this!
I'm seriously allergic to nuts and have been since I was a child, I also have horrendous anxiety, OCD and depression but last year I became absolutely TERRIFIED of food and lost 3 stone in about 8 weeks and I'm still struggling so badly, it's not just food I'm terrified of, it's hair products, shower and bath products, make up, perfume, if it's got an ingredient I'm scared and it's truly ruining my life. It's ruining my relationships, I used to LOVE cats and now I'm terrified to touch them incase they have nuts or nut traces on them from rolling round outside, seriously wtf is that !?
I have a beautiful little girl who unfortunately is possibly going to share the nut allergies with me and I don't want her to grow up with a mother who can't eat anything, go barely anywhere or do barely anything and constantly wipes everything around her and spends the majority of her time washing her hands ! It's all to much and I just don't know how to combat this, I noticed this thread is very old so I just wanted to reach out and ask if anyone who shares or shared the same phobia as me with allergies managed to get better from there anxiety ? How did you do it? Any help would be extremely fearfully received.
No one understands how horrendous an anaphylactic reaction is unless they've had one so getting people to be kind and supportive of my fear is extremely hard work, I'm fairly certain my boyfriend and family hate me because of my anxiety and how it affects them too.
Xx