Thread: Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone

Hi, I’m Peter, a 44 year old from Lancashire, UK. I only came across this site a couple of days ago and have been very impressed with the posts and activity on it.
    I have suffered from depression of varying intensity for over 10 years and have been taking Prozac for much of this time, also self medicating with alcohol. My Wife left two years ago and the depression worsened with an added bonus of general anxiety about future life, etc. The alcohol intake increased to the state of passing over the invisible line between heavy drinking and Alcoholism.
    I have just been through a 10 day Detox programme and whilst there was advised by the Psychiatrist to try Pregabalin to ease my anxiety. I started the Pregabalin (2x 75mg per day) immediately after leaving Detox and have now been taking it along with the Prozac for nearly 2 weeks.
    I am still extremely anxious to the extent that I couldn’t face going into work this week, which just adds to my anxiety about finances and work disciplinary action.
    I wonder If anyone else has had experience with effectiveness of Pregabalin and/or anxiety/depression being a possible mental symptom of alcohol withdrawal?
    Thanks, Peter.

Hi Bluepolka

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Re: Hi Everyone

Hi Peter and

I don't have any experience in the area you're asking for advice in but I just wanted to welcome you and reassure that you're not alone. I know there are people here with similar experiences and I'm sure you'll find some excellent support.

Take care

Pip x

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information