Sam, are you a Pharmacist? That explanation is really settling for someone like me who has to know everything! Thanks for explaining it.

I have had every SSRI. They are all different. I'm on Prozac now coming up to the third week. I have to say its the most gentle one I've ever had! Side effects are almost non existent! And the fear of SEs was the very reason I avoided medication for this past 3 years! All I really have is clammy hands and feet which is actually great cause I suffer terribly with cold extremities! My only hope now is that they actually do the job...I'm feeling better but not great yet. The citolapram probably had the most side effects but it's actually the longest one I was ever on. I had nausea, period issues, weight gain, headaches, fatigue and yawned all the time. These SEs lasted the full 2 years I was on them. Zoloft gave me brain and body zaps, yawning, sweating and teeth clenching. Paroxetine was the quickest to work and very calming where I would totally zone out and float in lala land which I quite enjoyed. I gained weight on these within the first two weeks! Had terrible sexual disfunction also, but over all the side effects were ok. I was on the minimum dose with both paroxetine and citolapram and a high dose with the Zoloft.
Like the others have said, there is no stronger one, they just all affect differently which is probably due to the lock and key description Sam gave.

Kel