Thread: Advice & support please

Advice & support please

Hi all

Hope you are all doing ok? I have not been on here for quite some time now as I have been very busy with a house move and one thing and another.

I have the chance to go to Cornwall on holiday for a week in August and I have not had a holiday in years and really, really want to go but I am scared stiff! I have not been out of my local area for years and not sure how I am going to react....what if I get half way there and 'freak' and spent a whole week fighting off panic attacks.

Has anyone ever taken such a big step? How did you cope?

Jx

Accept the things you cannot change and have courage to change the things you can.

Hi mate,
    I know exactly how your feeling. Ive got to do something similar in the near future jackie. My hubbys pestering for me to go up scotland to visit friends of ours. I really dont have any advice only sympathy cus i know exactly what your going through. I used to have p.a.s just coming shopping in the area wher you live and thats less than 1/2 an hours driveaway. But recently with the help and advice from a dear friend ive been managing to go further a field with out too many signs of panic. Unfortunaley i cant get out much on my own. But im confident this will happen eventually.
    Look forward to that meet up were going have in the not too distant future. Keep in touch jackie.
    Take care
    Lots of love to you
    Bye for now
    Lynn

I had to go on my honeymoon feeling exactly how you are now and I thought I was going to be really bad.

When I got there we had to walk from the coach station to the hotel and I thought I would panic because at home I would use the pushchair as a support. In fact I was absolutely fine. I was going out on my own without a care in the world. My problems started again when I got back home.

Hope you have a great time if you decide to go!

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

Thanks for you advice and support ladies x

Accept the things you cannot change and have courage to change the things you can.

Thread Information