Please help me rationalize my OCD is beating me.

The other night I opened my fridge and there was a cockroach in the bottom of it. I went to get a clear container to move it outside because I hate killing insects. So then I get the container and get an intrusive OCD thought "This is life or death, kill it or you are in danger". So I just give into the OCD thought and instead of getting it in the container I use the bottom of the container to squash the cockroach. The bloody bottom of the container is clear and was not quite flat but rounded so I just injured the crap out of it and one of it's legs was twitching. I could see the whole thing. I kept trying to squash it more and more and it did not quite kill it. It let out this stink gas smell and I brushed it out of the bottom of the fridge onto the tiled floor, it was twitching and I stepped on it finishing it off, it was the goriest **** I have ever seen. I completely panicked and got the bug and put it outside in the bin. I cleaned the area and tried to forget about it. I let my dogs in hoping they would 'cleanse' the area because they kill bugs all the time but I still feel really bad and mental.

I just feel this overwhelming feeling of guilt that won't go away and I feel like my entire living room is contaminated. I keep trying to think how pest control operators kill thousands of cockroaches each year without a second thought so why can't I let it go? I feel so guilty and worry that something will happen to me now. My OCD is really getting the better of me.

Can someone help me rationalize this? Have you squashed a cockroach and felt guilty? I feel like a twit worrying about this but I can't let it go. I am worried that I have bad karma now. I know I can't just never go in my living room again that would be silly. Please advise..