Thread: Nervous about docs tomorrow

Nervous about docs tomorrow

Hello, I've decided to see my GP about my worsening stress, anxiety and depression. I'm pretty nervous about what to tell him, I've so many issues I don't know how to explain them all. The first time I saw the doc about my terrible panic I was visibly distressed, now its something Im going to have to explain to him. I don't even know what I want to tell him really, I want some sort of therapy or to see a psychiatrist but I don't know if they will let me as I've already had a course of CBT. I cant remember a damn thing about my CBT so it doesn't help me any more. I'm considering just cancelling the appointment.

Any tips on what I need to say to get my situation across? My issues are something I need to talk about to a therapist rather than my doc.

Thanks

Re: Nervous about docs tomorrow

well when i see the doctor or gp normally i write things down on a sheet of paper and show the doctor like how i have been feeling or a diary of my feelings mapped out day by day and then i feel less anxious about getting my message across. hope that helps. . xxx

All the best WillyB. xxx

sigh.. that was terrible, I left feeling worse than when I went in. I was struggling to hold back tears and just couldn't explain myself. He seemed to just put it down to the 'blues' but its so much more than that. I'm seeing him again next week but I don't know if there will be much point. Now I'm scared I'll never get any treatment.

you must insist on getting referred back to CBT, which they can do, or even some other therapy, dont give up, you know your own body better than them, keep at it and you will get heard

Thread Information