I've had a couple of good(ish) weeks after having some time off work over the Easter break. Spent a lot of time with partner/family and I have managed to get out a bit and actually enjoy myself a little in the process

So this morning I get up for work and the anxiety hits me like a ton of bricks. I am scared to go out of the door and back into the rat race....I cannot face this on my own. I wasted 2 hours of my morning 'trying' to be positive and telling myself not to let the fear beat me....but alas, it has

I can't face the thought of stepping outside that door, I am consumed with feelings of fear, anxiety, depersonalisation, failure, etc. that I don't even recognise myself today. I have got myself so upset that I am 'trapped' here inside my world and I am a quivering wreck. Why can't I find the courage I need to get myself out? I know that by 'avoiding' I am fuelling the agoraphobia and making things worse, but I just don't have the strength to fight it today. I have let myself (and work) down and I am really upset as I had been doing quite well

Does it always have to be 2 steps forward and 4 steps back??

Thanks for listening.
Kitti