Thread: Why arent i??

Why arent i??

Thought mirt made you tired and hungry. I'm neither!!!! Just extremely anxious

Joy

Re: Why arent i??

Hi Joy,

How long have you been on it and how much?

I only felt tired for the first few day - after that it only helped with sleep at bed time.

I never really felt 'hungry' as such.. just I felt I could keep on eating without feeling full up.

"What you resist, persists." - C. G. Jung

It made me tired, but, I was taking 45mg and I craved carb's, bread and crisps mostly and at night.
    Perhaps you are not on the correct dosage.

BobbyDog

It knocked me out and made me raid my cupboards for food everynight! I was starving on it yet i never put on any weight?? Gave me really weird vivid dreams too but did bugger all for my anxiety! X x

Hi Joy I am taking mirtazapine too. You need to be taking it for at least four to six weeks before you will feel any benefit. Some people do not feel hungry whilst taking it. Most people experience some drowsiness on the lower doses 7.5mg-15mg but not always. Mirtazapine can increase anxiety in some people so it is worth discussing this with your GP? Anxiety can also be one of the 'start up effects' so if this is the case be patient. I have found it to be an extremely efficient anti d with lithium.Take care. EJ

Im on 30mg and find it makes me eat like a horse. I get sleepy at night but not as much as I did on the first couple of nights. Anxiety is starting to come down but is still work in progress. Really hope it starts to work for you soon.

All this talk about being hungry is making me hungry. I've already had dinner earlier and then raided the fridge for a variety of delights, but I haven't eaten for at least 20 mins so time to raid the ice lolly drawer And I'm sure when the tablet I just took kicks in, I'll be back in the fridge again at 2am. It's not just the weight gain on Mirt that's a concern, it's the cost in food!!

Was on 15mg mirtaz to hopefully boost the cipralex which I.m already taking, wasnt doing too bad so it was upped after about 4 weeks to 30mg. didnt help the anxiety in fact seemed to make it worse so gp dropped it back to 15mg on Monday and I feel like hell. Shrink apt in 10 days and cant be brought forward it seems

Joy

Thread Information