Thread: had enough.......

had enough.......

hi everyone, im new here, i need some help! i am just so sick and tired of my panic attacks, they include such weird feelings, feelings of doom, morbid thoughts! and so much more, even feeling like im not in my own body or a part of my body doesnt feel like it belongs to me (mainly my tongue) ive struggled since the age of 16, im now 40 and they still get me, i must sound mad xx

Hi MizzD

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: had enough.......

Thank you xx

Hi MizzD

I'm exactly the same. Had anxiety and panic attacks since I was about 15 and I'm now in my 40's. I've had such stupid thoughts when anxiety strikes it drives me mad! I literally cant switch my thoughts off. My latest thought is that I'm not really in my body and that my body is just some kind of shell and although I know it's just a thought caused by anxiety I still can't stop thinking it! I could cry and often do...

Hi I know what you mean about the Tongue thing, I had that whilst on holiday in benidorm 2 years ago it was a weird horrible feeling but it went away. Started anxiety and panic attacks bout 3 years ago came out of the blue I am 39. Have had some great months but some crap ones since, but less than I was. At one point had 4 months off work cud not go into a supermarket or bus etc. Last few days av ad really bad fatigue and as soon as this starts I think crap I am going to be I'll again, not that I haven,t slept well lately. Also am going away next month and need to get on an aeroplane which fills me with absolute dread I usually have diazapam off the doc. I know u r prob thinking why go if u hate it so much but I av decided to confront my fears as much as I can and I love it in Spain it,s just the gettin there. Panic attacks are shit and vile etc etc I always my mum saying fight it and believe me we will win in the end. Take care feel free to chat or message. Louise

Your not alone, I get most of those symptoms and I know the bad feelings and thoughts only feed the anxiety.
    Things can only get better, let's be possitive for the rest of the day!!!!!

BobbyDog

You don't sound mad at all. Your symptoms sound like classic anxiety, and I also find the whole depersonalization/derealization thing is one of the most disturbing symptoms of anxiety (for myself, anyway...). I have gone through phases of thinking "I can't cope with another panic attack" but you could start to feel better ANY DAY. I'm far from perfect at the moment but I am still living a life that, in my lowest moments, I never thought would be possible. Hang in there because it DOES get better

thank you everyone, its so comforting to know im not alone in these crazy feelings, i forgot to add ive also got a terrible phobia of medication and check ups, i can only take paracetimol (spelt wrong,sorry) i cannot consider an eye test and have to have fillings at the dentist with no injection, dont care about the needle, its the numbness! its funny, i can go periods feeling normal, the feelings are always around but im in control, then suddenly BANG!! im thinking stroke, ms, madness, god knows what else.....

I did like your last post on here, I have all those drug worries and the dentist just couldnt consider an injection that might make my throat go numb etc and desperately need an eye test but cant face it. I can also be reasonably ok then something happens i feel the panic coming over me and i fear i have some serios condition all because a freckle itched

Thread Information