Thread: Is this normal?

Is this normal?

Are feelings of guilt normal?? I have tests done and do not believe the results and have to repeat them and find out where the lab is that did the test!!!

I fear endangering my husband, Is this a normal symptom of something or just madness???

Surely if I have a test I leave it at that...But I have to keep checking and checking.

I have horrible nervous feelings in my tummy and they won't go, I just want to cry all the time. Please bare in mind I am agoraphobic and took myself off anti-depressants as I thought I didn't need them...

Is this OCD, or what?? Does anyone suggest I see my doc and demand councilling etc...As they just stuck me on pills and told me to "just go out"....

Hi there, so sorry you are feeling so bad right now. I believe all you describe are symptoms of panic/anxiety and maybe depression. I would strongly advise you to re-visit your doctor, it is never a good idea to stop taking tablets without medical advice, the effects can sometimes be horrid. If you need to take medicine, that's fine, it often helps to settle things whilst you deal with any other matters. Explain fully to your doctor about your feelings and hopefully councilling will follow. sorry not much help, but take care and keep in touch. xx

Hi Miriama

Checking things repeatedly is a normal symptom of anxiety but it sounds like you're depressed too.

I know nothing about anti-depressants as i have never had them but your doctors attitude seems very unreasonable especially if you're agoraphobic. You should try to see a different doctor if possible to get another opinion. Councelling could benefit you but you might find a long waiting list for it, though you shouldn't let that put you off asking for it.

Take care

May

The brightest, sunniest day may follow the darkest, stormiest night ... enjoy the sun

It is so diffcult though, I was depressed and resently I have been fine..I feel better off the pills, but I think I should see my doc and explain that there are other methods we should try..Even if it is Anxiety pills...

Thread Information