Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: very anxious about my ultra sound tomo

very anxious about my ultra sound tomo

hi just wanted to post i dnt know why really. i have an utra sound tomo and im petrified not about the scan about the results.
    im am really working myself up over it thinking all sorts what if its my liver or kidneys what if they find somethin not even thinking about my gallbladder which is what im goin for. and getting even more scared to the point i dnt even want to go and have it done. but ino i have to other wise i will be 10 times worse if i dnt.
    and im sure im giving myself more symptoms my tummy feels like its in knots and keep getting pinching type pains just below my rib where my bowel is.
    im really scared

Re: very anxious about my ultra sound tomo

I was in your place about a week ago, for two ultrasounds. As it got closer I was pretty nervous. As you know the ultrasound is painless. What makes us nervous is the results. What I have been trying to tell myself is "Hey, lets get this over with and find out what is going on so I can get better and get back to my life." And keep busy. Find something you like to watch, read, play. I have a dog, and I love to walk her and hang out with her.

Hugs to you, as I know so well how you feel.

Hi again Julynn. You WILL be fine. I have read alot of posts about people who have pain like we have and have nothing at all wrong.
    I hope that you get some reassurance whilst your there, and this time tomorrow you WILl know bit more what's going on. please let me know x

Thankyou so much for your reply s sorry not got back sooner my little boys 4th birthday to day so has kept me busy most of the day apart from when I post this this afternoon my mind got a bit taken over.
    That's what it is its the results I'm petrified of. Did everything go ok with your ultra sound miss boo x
    I will let uno how I get on miss sparkle my apps late morning cnt drink anything but water and I love my morning brew lol x

I had an ultrasound done on my gallbladder and like u was worrying bout liver , kidneys etc (which all turned out fine) , as have been getting pain on and off for at least 5 years, they did find something which my consultant say could either be a stone or a polyp....i've to get an op to get gallbladder removed . The ultrasound lady told me there and then that something had been found so went to my doctor and he pushed my appointment through as i hate waiting on results, im the worst, ive now to wait 2 mths before i see consultant again as he would like me to lose a stone, if it was really bad they will not keep you waiting that long well thats what my doctor told me.....it is a worrying time and understand how you feel, but in a way im glad that they have found out whats causing the pain, but you might be ok and find nothing...let us know how you get on and im here if you need a wee chat xx

Thankyoy kittykat I'm really scared now not long till my app its 11.45 so I'm getting really nervous.
    I am thinking allsorts :( I just want it over with now. Hopefully they won't find anything if they do just a stone or polyp I had a polyp removed from my bowel last year. I'm just scared they guna find something else I cnt get that out of my mind.
    I'm just guna take a deep breath and get it over with I will let you all know how I get on
    Thanx again for your replys its good to talk to ppl that know wot we going threw xxx

Please try to be strong, everything will be fine. I had stomach pains all last year and by the time my gp agreed to send me for scan I had already convinced myself I was dying, I was so worked up the radiographer couldn't get me to lie down in one place and the staff had tohold me down.

It turned out to be nothing and strangely the pain didn't come back once I knew I was okay....

Chin up it will all be okay... Xxxx

Good luck doll .....and just remember what you are thinking of is incredibly rare my doctor and consultant told me that....sure your on your way now so good luck again and im almost positive that it will be nothing terrible xx

Julynn,

You will be fine today. And when it is over do something nice for yourself. Go have a great lunch or buy yourself something nice. You deserve it!

Thankyou so much for your kind replys I went was a nervous wreck the lady was really nice she said if she sees anything she will tell me and then might have to go for more test. I lay down having hot flushes felt sick aww it was horrible she said my liver and kidneys and pancreas is fine.
    I have a gall stone phew least ino now wot is causing the pain have to go back and see my doc and take it from there on what to do nxt.
    Thanx again you all helped me threw this xxx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information