Thread: Medication

Medication

Remember when your medicine just came in a little brown bottle from the chemist?? No patient information leaflet, no Google, you just went to the doctor and got a prescription for whatever ailed you.

Life seemed so much simpler then.

Just a thought.......

Haz.

Re: Medication

Haha true! But that [not knowing] got me into a lot of trouble. I took the contraceptive pill Dianette, knowing nothing about its side effects, and it tipped me into a really bad hormone imbalance that I am now constantly medicated for. When I got the internet and learnt how to Google things i found out I was one of many of Dianette's victims. Wish I'd been informed about it in the first place!

Really? I used to take that years ago. Got me thinking now!.

I think you'd have known about it when it happened! Basically I stopped taking it and turned into a chubby greasy hairy monster within weeks :( I'd had minor skin problems before, but nothing to what I developed when I came off Dianette. I even had acne all over the tops of my arms I have to take an antiandrogen every day now, and I'm 95% back to normal (pre-Dianette) physically now.

I googled it and it's not a rare occurance! But my cousin took it for a year and she was fine when she stopped it, so I think I had a hormone imbalance anyway and it just got really aggrevated by the Dianette.

Thread Information