Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh no i googled my lump! made things worse and im just so fed up of feeling like this

Oh no i googled my lump! made things worse and im just so fed up of feeling like this

Hi Guys

I no your probably all fed up of reading about this lump in my neck, but i went on the internet and just put in ''glands in neck behind chin'' just to see if it was a gland, anyway a forum came up of a woman who had one very similar to mine with a small collection of other tiny ones on her head, which i do there kind of like spots on my head?? iv had them before and they went but know they are back!

Anyway im at work at the minute, and i feel like i just want to cry :( im sick of thinking the worst about everything! why cant i just think its a gland and thats it!

Mine is pretty hard, if i push it, then it moves but its not squishy like a normal gland! i have a bite just near it so maybe its hard cause of that??

Sorry for moaning on :( just need some help :( xx

Re: Oh no i googled my lump! made things worse and im just so fed up of feeling like

Hi, I have one under my chin that I can feel. I first felt it when I had a couple of pimples along my jaw line, it came up and was rather hard. Now it is softer a few months later, but I can still feel it. I went to the doctor about a month ago, who said he could feel a bunch in my neck and I asked about lymphoma or other bad diseases. He said that if I had something serious, they would be really big and not move at all. I pointed out ones I thought were fixed and he said he could feel movement and they weren't worrisome.

The whole thing took less than a minute with him. Have you been checked out? It will definitely make you feel better.

Re: Oh no i googled my lump! made things worse and im just so fed up of feeling like

thank you for your reply
    Did he say they would move sideways and things as mine only moves backwards? do you think if it was serious it would not move at all. i mean i keep playing with it which makes it bigger!

My anxiety subsided and i told myself i would stop running to the docs for every little thing, so i was hoping not to but i might have to :( i just feel like they will see my name and think oh great not again lol! xx

Do try to relax, I know it's hard or near impossible when in a state of anxiety but it's this anxiety causing you to not think straight.

Glands are everywhere and swell up at the least infection, i.e a bite, cut or knock it's their job after all to ward off harm and are part of our immune system. 99.9% of the time it's normal to have a raised gland but you will probably worry about that .1% and should not, have faith that you are OK and stop prodding it and compounding your anxiety by making it swell.

Just force yourself to leave the bump alone and try to stop googling and hard as I know it is to do, distract yourself and the gland will just go down when it is finished doing it's job.

If your not happy in a week see your Doc and try to be reassured with what they say, you are fine but your anxiety is not letting you think this way.

Atb,

Steve.

Thank you for that comment! you are sooo right! my rational mind says swollen gland, my anxiety says its cancer! so frustrating! i will leave it for now and try not to touch until the bite has gone see if it goes down.

thanks for the advice x

Quote Originally Posted by anxietyoverload View Post
    Thank you for that comment! you are sooo right! my rational mind says swollen gland, my anxiety says its cancer! so frustrating! i will leave it for now and try not to touch until the bite has gone see if it goes down.

thanks for the advice x
    honestly try not to worry. i have a swollen lymph node in my chest (likely after a bad chest infection i had) and it never went down again. i first freaked thinking it was a breast lump and got sent for an ultrasound, they said 'oh, its just a lymph node' and none of the medical team were concerned that it was big and had been that way for ages. i think it's only a concern if it keeps growing in size, since my friend once had a lymph node out because they were concerned about it, apparently it was the size of a kidney :| i don't think that was even due to anything sinister though, she's perfectly healthy today Xx

was yours perfectly round? i think thats what worries me cause the glands you can clealy feel at the side of your neck are an odd shape, this is like a pea but bigger xx

was yours perfectly round? i think thats what worries me cause the glands you can clealy feel at the side of your neck are an odd shape, this is like a pea but bigger xx
    mine is like a peanut shell i'd say, and the nurses/doctors were all fine with it. i have another that swelled with infection too and never went down again, that's the size of a kidney bean. can you think of any infection that you've ever had around that area that could have swelled yours slightly? cause they only suspect cancer when there's no other cause (same with everything, that's why cancer comes up on so many searches) Xx

i have a bit that is right next to it, maybe it could be that? i only noticed the lump cause of the bite x

i have a bit that is right next to it, maybe it could be that? i only noticed the lump cause of the bite x
    could be that indeed! glands/lymph nodes are responsible for everything. what swelled my other one was a bit of a skin infection that pretty much produced a giant spot/zit. so anything skin related can definitely swell them Xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information